FRPP K springs installed.

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
The drop Looks really good, I'm thinking of getting my wheels powder coated black too, just curbed one the other day unfortunately so I need to do something.

SicShelby09

Banned
did you reuse your upper strut mount and dampers?

Yep. There is no need to change them out. I heard people doing that, but Im not sure why? Mine went back on the same way, and make no noise whatsoever. I left the bumpstops alone, didnt cut them or anything. All seems to be well. I took it over a few pretty big dips today, and it handled them so nice and firm. Not rigid or violent like the eibachs on my GT500 were. I regretted doing those so much on that car, to the point I almost didnt lower this one. But these springs were the right choice. They are not bouncy or harsh, just the same firm new car feel, but without all the boat feeling or body roll. Perfect balance, and the drop is hot looking too.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
That's interesting. I have a set of k springs here and I havnt instaled them because I was looking at everyone saying that you need dampers and upper mount l. I was thinking that it was a fit issue. Maybe ill install them this weekend.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Grifftech

Established Member
Hi all I am new here! QUick question I too am thinking about going with the K springs for my 2011 GT without changing stock dampers. But my only concern is that my rear aftermarkets stick out past the rear fenders by maybe a 1/4" if that. Do you think that might be an issue with 1.5" drop or should I try to go with something a bit less aggresive? But I LOVE the look of the K springs and the P springs don't offer enough drop. My next option would be the Steeda Ultralites at 1.2 front, 1.4 rear, btu they are about 80 bucks more. And I am trying to save some money so I can fit Roush sidesplitters, CS fascia and BOSS splitter in the budget the wife has alotted :)

Thanks for any input,

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread