FS: 1991 Saleen Clone.

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
WAS $8500 O.B.O. NOW $6500 O.B.O. NO TRADES PLEASE. VIDEO AND PICS AT BOTTOM OF THIS POST.

All... I'm listing this add for my brother. I have experience selling my 04 cobra in this forum. Link: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...si-whipple-cobra-16-5k-miles-make-offers.html If you read that thread, you'll find that I'm a real friendly guy, but a straight shooter. So is my brother. Anyone that knows us on this site will confirm.

Details on the car he is selling:

Location is Titusville, FL.

180K miles on the body.
40K on the motor.

2004 HOTROD Magazine POWER TOUR participant, Dallas Mustang Auto Show , World Ford Challenges in 03-04-05. This once simple LX has been completely redone using Ford Racing, Saleen, and Cobra parts. This car was pictured on the TV Show RIDES (featuring the HOTROD POWER TOUR 04) sitting beyond Christopher Titus's custom Chevy.

It hurts my brother to sell this car, as he knows it will be hard to find one in such good condition again. It has been very well taken care of and pampered since he has owned her. The body on this car is exciting to look at. Not only because it turns heads, but because of the condition the car is in. It rarely saw rain and was garage kept. Tires were rotated at 3K, which is all they have on them, and the oil changed every 3K. The interior is just as exciting as the exterior. Carpet has been well cared for, as have the leather seats. The seats were a custom install. The dash has no cracks at all. Here are more specifics about the car. Please don’t hesitate to e-mail any questions!

Body:

Molded Body Kit installed by Saleen in 1991. No seams visible with this install. It was done right! Storming Norman hood with quick release latches. Saleen wing. Moon roof with no leaks. 20 percent window tint. Paint is a 9.5 with a few chips on the left rear near the door on the ground effects. See pictures. There is not a spot of rust on the body of this car. Not even on the hatch. Only some slight surface rust on a few parts of the moon roof stripping, but no leaks (see picture). Every floor board looks new under this car.

Tires/Rims:

The tires are Firestone Fusion ZRI’s with 3000 Miles on them. Very good condition. They are 225/17/60 size tires. The rims are powder coated silver cobra rims. The job was done right on these too.

Engine/Exhaust/Drivetrain:

The block is a 302 5 liter engine with many modifications, but not to the point to where the car can't be a daily driver at all. E303 Cam. It has a BBK 70mm throttle body with a BBK upper and lower. GT 40 Heads, Cobra fuel injectors with a BBK fuel pressure indicator and regulator. 190 LPH BBK Fuel pump. New starter installed as the Ford Motorcraft finally went out. Flexilght electric fan on a new two core aluminum radiator. BBK long tube exhaust headers and the entire system back is 3” with two chamber flowmasters. K&N Air filter. The T 5 tranny was installed less than 9K miles ago. It shifts beautifully with a Spec stage 2 clutch. The rear end is a solid for 8.8 rear with 737 posi rear gears.

Interior:

The seats have all been redone to a custom leather. Overall I would give the leather a 9 with the rear seats being a bit weathered. The carpet looks new with no stains or tears. The dashboard is in near perfect condition with no fading or cracks. The center console is not cracked but the ashtray has nothing under it. It is just the door. The rear carpet and hatch area are in great shape as well. No pieces missing. The headliner could use a bit of attention as it is hanging in some areas, but not torn or discolored.

Title Note:

If you run a carfax, you will see that the car was issued a salvage title in 1991. Something happened to the car that we are unaware of. The previous owner did not know what happened to the car. But, since then, the car has been issued normal titles... see the pictures of the title we have in hand now. The frame, rails, and underbody of the car are impeccable. We don't believe it was in an accident. Our hunch is that it was an engine problem... possibly a fire. Everything under the hood was replaced. Point is, we want to disclose the title data seen on a carfax, but we simply have no idea what happened. My brother has owned the car only since 2007. Knowing this title issue didn't stop my brother from purchasing the car, and it shouldn't detract anyone interested.

Final Thoughts:

Overall this Mustang was a hard find. I have yet to see one in such good condition. Having said that, there are a few things that need attention. The Speedometer doesn’t work, the radio works, but the CD player doesn’t. The paint is chipped in the rear driver side. The power door locks do not work. The A/C Needs a recharge (134a), but the Compressor is good! It also has a high idle issue. After the car warms up, the RPMs hold at about 1500 RPMs. He is working long hours and doesn’t have the time to use it as much as he would like and that’s why he is selling it. Again please don’t hesitate to ask questions! Set up a time to take a look at her! She is worth the time. Thanks!

PM me or e-mail [email protected] or [email protected] for photos or more details.

Here is a video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY9cV0kO-go"]YouTube- 1991 Saleen[/ame]

Bockoutlicense-1.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture026.jpg

title.jpg

title2.jpg

Last edited:

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
attractive car.
wouldnt mind doing a saleen glone but i love the stock gt kit on my 87gt.
i wanna get a saleen wing though. those are nice.

Users who are viewing this thread