FT 1991 5.0 modded hatch CLEAN

selbyvince

Established Member
Ok as much as i hate to do it, im putting my fox up for trade for something more stock and newer for my wife, seeing as i already have a terminator and my job now requires me to do a lot of driving, i dont want to use my mustangs to drive 1800 miles a month just to commute to and from work. so one of the toys has to go in order to get my wife something else since im now using her vehicle. im really just looking to TRADE but may considering a sale if someone is interested and i find something else before the sale. Really looking for a 2002-2004 mustang gt 5 speed in good shape with around the same millage. not looking for an auto, not looking for a v6. looking for something fairly close as well dont have enough time to drive all over to trade. If you have any questions or concerns my number is 985-232-3454 and my name is vince. thanks

NOW for the info: 1991 5.0 lx hatchback; black w/ black interior and factory sunroof/ 97k miles may change as wife drives (all acc./ motor/ transmission/ rear end gears and axles have roughly 13k miles)

Interior:

• Complete factory black interior 10/10 just needs headliner
    3 gauge radio pod with: water temp, oil pressure, voltage/ water temp only hooked up right now other two no wired up but can get it done time permitting
    pro 5.0 shifter
    cobra style shift nob

Exterior:

• 2" cowl hood color matched
    all factory paint except hood fenders and front bumper, top of fenders a little faded and front bumper has paint chips.
    NO DENTS, 2 small dings, very few scratches. paint is 8/10 and very nice for being factory
    8K HID headlights
    15% window tint in the front, 5% on back windows/ rear glass not tinted

Suspension:

• Stock springs, new shocks with 7k miles on them
    5 lug conversion

Engine/Drivetrain

• 410 gears
    31 spline mosier axles
    5 lug conversion
    T5 tranny
    King cobra clutch
    Pro 5.0 shifter
    BBK longtube headers
    1 chamber flowmasters
    302 30 over 10.5 to 1 compression
    Brodix heads
    1.7 roller rockers
    Ford motorsport x303 cam
    Holley Systemax intake
    70 mm BBK throttle body
    Bigger mass air
    MSD coil
    MSD wires
    4 prong plugs
    Be cool radiator
    Aluminum cobra valve covers
    Mr gasket 180 degree thermostat

Wheels/tires
Nitto 555r 275/40/17
17” 03 cobra style rims

BAD: paint chipped on front bumper, front fenders faded on top, front windsheild is cracked, rear main seals leaks but not horribly bad, coolant overfill tank leaks slowly, needs headliner.

$9000

this car has been good to me in the time ive had it, since rebuild its been driven on 3 6+ hour one way trips, and 2 5 hour one way trips. no issues what so ever. i drive the car to the track run it and drive it home, i dont beat on my cars but i use them and this car holds up very well. no slack in the steering, no ticks, no noises car is great shape for its year and runs VERY well. i dont have numbers to prove but car has 350ish hp, best time on the track is a 13.09 at 107/108 on street tires. any questions please feel free to ask and if anybody wants to see time slip im sure i can dig it out. thanks.

pics coming

Last edited:

selbyvince

Established Member
most of the pics it has the chrome cobra r rims on it, those are sold, the pics at the top with the grey 03 cobra wheels are what is on it and what it comes with. also the nitto 555r tires are not on but i do have them and they have maybe 2k miles on them. so they will go with the car.

also i want to add that the bottom of the doors on both sides have scratches from rocks hitting it from the front tires. but not that bad, but is there. and also the two shocks that hold the hatch up need to be replaced bc they dont hold it up.. been like that since i bought it and i never open the back so i never fixed. but can be if need be.

there are members on here that can vouch for this car they may chime in. thanks again

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Bump for a good/honest seller and a clean ass fox that runs extremely well! Definitely one of the cleanest i've seen in a long time. GL with the sale/trade man!

selbyvince

Established Member
thanks taylor, im going to put this up for a month and see where it goes, if no interest im going to keep going with the supercharger install and throw them electric fans on it so i can run the ac and just let her have it. im sure she would like that lol, im just looking to see if we can get her something more factory for daily driving and a hair better on fuel economy. but it aint hurting to keep it.. to bad you couldnt get it bro lol

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
I hear ya man. I'd love to have it! As you know... I'm still waiting on this other deal which has been hanging in limbo for over a week now. If the trade happens, we may still be able to work something out. Just gotta figure out how this is gonna play out first. that thing would be a perfect daily with the E-fans and A/C. You could prob swap down to some 3.73's if y'all do keep it which is what I'd prob do. That would make it more highway friendly. Lol

selbyvince

Established Member
yeah that most likely what will happen, if you want to work something out let me know. like i said im only giving this a month just to see what kind of interest pops up. if not well make it into something more suitable for her instead of a weekend car like i got it now.. i use to daily drive it but working offshore made it where i only had to daily it 2 weeks out the month. lol. anyway we see what happens, ill be more than happy to re do it and slap the eaton on it ;)

selbyvince

Established Member
as far as ac guys everything is there and it will last 6 months on a charge and work perfect, but it does have a slow leak in it. but only thing is it runs on the hot side with it running.. hence why it needs electric fans

Users who are viewing this thread