fuel gage reads 3/4 full when full!

1Fast R

I know there was a thread here awhile ago but I did a search and could not find it. Bill is taking his 00R in on Monday to have Ford check the gage for him as Billl is tired of not knowing for sure how much gas he has left. When he fills the cell, the gage reads just a bit over the 3/4 full mark. We told Ford that there is probably a service bulletin out on it and to check for that.

Anything we should tell them before they do any checking? Is there a "fix" for this problem? Can't remember.....

Vicki

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by 1Fast R
I know there was a thread here awhile ago but I did a search and could not find it. Bill is taking his 00R in on Monday to have Ford check the gage for him as Billl is tired of not knowing for sure how much gas he has left. When he fills the cell, the gage reads just a bit over the 3/4 full mark. We told Ford that there is probably a service bulletin out on it and to check for that.

Anything we should tell them before they do any checking? Is there a "fix" for this problem? Can't remember.....

Vicki
Vicki,

Almost all of us '00R owners have this same problem, including myself. I called Fuel Safe and of course they point fingers at Ford because the pickup line and all of the hardware that connects up to the tank are Ford parts.

I think the problem is that the fuel cell bladder expands and contracts with the addition or removal of fuel and the pickup cannot properly read the correct level?? anyone else have any thoughts on this???

anyway, good luck with getting an answer from Ford on this?? :rollseyes

Let us know what you find out??? I sure would like to fix mine, although I am somewhat used to it now and it doesn't much bother me anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread