fuel mileage?

20psirabbit

Established Member
has anybody seen any numbers on fuel mileage for these trucks yet? i've been looking around but haven't been able to find anything yet :shrug:

glenner

glenner
Established Member
Want better economy and performance at the same time get rid of the stock exhaust that doesn't let your engine breath, put a cold air kit on it and reprogram the truck I am doing all three. As soon as it comes in taking it to the next level adding long tube headers so it breaths better. Increase your fuel economy.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
has anybody seen any numbers on fuel mileage for these trucks yet? i've been looking around but haven't been able to find anything yet :shrug:

Something tells me that a lifted truck with 35's is not going to get great mileage, but of course that is why people buy hybrids.... :burnout:

glenner

glenner
Established Member
My dessel with 35 gets with the banks in economy 23.5 on highway so to say a tire will give you bad economy I dought it. I went from Esky to saint Ignas 150 mile used a little over a 1/8 of a tank of dessel pulling my mustang and a 3,000 pound trailer.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
My dessel with 35 gets with the banks in economy 23.5 on highway so to say a tire will give you bad economy I dought it. I went from Esky to saint Ignas 150 mile used a little over a 1/8 of a tank of dessel pulling my mustang and a 3,000 pound trailer.

I don't believe that we were mentioning Diesels, and yes a gas lifted truck with 35's is not going to get great mileage.

mobeydick

Established Member

Mine gets 12.2 Something tells me yours doesn't get 23.5 either.

I don't believe that we were mentioning Diesels, and yes a gas lifted truck with 35's is not going to get great mileage.

35s and a 8" lift cut my fuel milage by 3.9 MPG.

although 20mpg+ is the reason i think i will end up with a diesel.

If you find one (Full size) let me know who makes it and where to get it. I’ve owned 4 Diesels, 1 94 6.5 TD Chevy (POS) but it did get the best mileage at 18.1 it was a 1/2 ton. 3 Fords My 01 F250 CC, 4X4 LB Lariat would get 17.1 mpg for the first 100,000 miles then I started the performance stuff and it has steadily gone down from there. It now gets 12.4 My 05 F250 4X4 Reg Cab gets 16mpg if you drive it like a baby, it’s stone cold stock. My 06 F350 CC, 4X4 LB Lariat with a 8” lift with 35s gets 12.2 other then the lift, it’s stone cold stock. I had at least 3 different programmers on all of them except the Chevy. Everyone of the programmers cut my fuel mileage.

996Turbo

Established Member
I drove my raptor 500 miles this weekend running around 80-85mph and averaged 15.5.

Users who are viewing this thread