Fuel pressure Regulators

scothew_gt

Established Member
Hey guys, I am looking at getting a FPR for my 96 cobra. It has been suggested that I get an aeromotive one. Found them at summitracing.com for 109.99. Anyone know of a better price/place to get it????

Reason I am looking into one, is to try and lean my car out some when I put my C&L 80mm MAF back on. When I had it on, the car ran really sluggish and my gas mileage went to crap. I got the "p0174 system bank 2 lean" code a couple of times as well. I suspect the C&L was causing it to go lean and the computer is trying to richen it up way to much. Does this sound right?? Or am I looking at this situation wrong.

With the stock maf back on, the car pulls ALOT better and doesnt miss about 5500rpm like it did with the C&L. My gas mileage is also back to normal. I am going to putting it on a dyno for an hour next monday so I can play with the fuel pressure to get hte a/f ratio about right with the C&L.

edit: Also, what type pressures do these cars run? The aeromotive one I saw said it was from 35-80psi i believe.

Thanks
Scott

Last edited:

Peter

Established Member
Your problem is the C&L meter, and putting an
adjustable reg. while it is a good idea I dont think it
will help your problem- Pro-M 80 is the way
to go. I believe the stock pressure is 42lbs.

Peter:thumbsup:

Bitten1995

Most places sell it atthe same price for the regulator, and I have the same one, at the same time I had a 190lph fuel pump installed.

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Originally posted by 97RRCOBRA
How do you like it ??? Any pics ??? :rolling:
Sorry I don't have any pics, but it works Flawlessly and is very high quality, I would recommend it to anyone looking for one. Price was $110.00

Users who are viewing this thread