Fuel Pressure

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Can somebody confirm for me how I set my BASE fuel pressure with a return style? Do I set it to the desired pressure with the vaccuum hose UNHOOKED from the regulator while the engine running?

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
Vacuum line unhooked yes.

Engine running or off should be the same as long as pumps are running. If you see a difference between running or not, there’s an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

cj428mach

Established Member
Easiest way is to start car with vacuum line hooked up and log it, then adjust fuel pressure until drop across injectors reads what you want it to.

Soap

Established Member
The best way to do it is to start a datalog with KOEO and adjust accordingly. This of course assumes you have kept the FRPS in place.

--Joe

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I’ve done my adjusting via datalog and my pressure now reads 40psi drop across the injectors. My mechanical guage is reading about 5psi under what I see in the datalog. It runs fine. I probably shouldn’t be worried but is this normal?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Well, the pressure drop across the injectors should be just that. It's saying the pressure at the outlet of the injector is 40psi lower than what's at the top. IIRC it shouldn't change unless you have pressure drop due to not having enough fuel pump. The mechanical gauge is reading the actual pressure in the rail.

As long as the A/F is where it needs to be and injector duty cycle is good I wouldn't worry.

Users who are viewing this thread