Gen 1 SHO, one owner, low mileage. Value???

Status
Not open for further replies.

03'Darin

Established Member
I've got a customer that wants to sell her 1990 Taurus SHO. They bought the car new and it's garage kept. Car is white with black leather, stick, no moonroof and it has about 45,000 miles on it. I haven't seen the car but it's supposed to be in excellent condition. Her husband (who was the car enthusiast) bought that car figuring it was going to be a collector car and had all intentions of keeping it for ever. Unfortunately he had a heart attack and died about 3 1/2 years ago. I think he was only mid 40's too. Pretty sad deal. Anyway she's getting rid of some of the performance cars they had and upgrading her daily driver.

I can't do her justice trading the car so I offered to help her find a fair value and maybe a buyer.

Anyone have an idea what something like this is going for right now? Anyone interested in something like this?

I looked for an SHO forum but the one I found you needed to be a member to even view the classified section.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
REaltistically, assuming its in great condition I'd say 4-6k.

I highly recommend her posting pictures and a description on SHOforum.com. That's the largest gathering of SHOnuts you'll find.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
5 maybe 6k if you find the right buyer. its 20 years old and expensive to repair. they do have a few issues that pop up occasionally but are a blast to drive!!!:beer:

i would try autotrader or cars and start with 6 or best offer and see what happens.

03'Darin

Established Member
REaltistically, assuming its in great condition I'd say 4-6k.

I highly recommend her posting pictures and a description on SHOforum.com. That's the largest gathering of SHOnuts you'll find.

That's where I went to look for an idea of value but needed to sign up before I could view the classifieds.

5 maybe 6k if you find the right buyer. its 20 years old and expensive to repair. they do have a few issues that pop up occasionally but are a blast to drive!!!:beer:

i would try autotrader or cars and start with 6 or best offer and see what happens.

That's more than I figured it would be worth but I haven't followed the SHO market at all.

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
there is also shoclub.com the National SHO club it has a classifieds section.

blue92

Established Member
^^ Thanks

There's also fordbastards.org you do have to register but that's to keep google from spamming the board. You can post it for sale for free but no one will be able to tell you what's it's worth without some good pics of the car.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Dude the post is over a year old seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread