getting an 06 powerstroke

Jman

Established Member
well my old man bought an f350 back in sept. I'm pulling the trigger and getting a f250 to replace the ranger.... figured i'd get it now since it's an 06 leftover and 0% financing.... I heard the new motors coming out are gonna be big POS's. whats a good chip, intake, exhasut company out there?
for now I was thinking about just cutting the muffler off! it's dark stone in color supercab with a 6' bed... just lemme know guys thanks... :rockon:

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Does it look like this:
wMTA1OTQzMTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

If so it is the Same truck as mine :burnout: I have superchips but SCT is also very good. Exhaust I have MBRP 4'' turbo-back 304 SS pipe. Intake I left stock because I've read that stock intake actually flows better than most aftermarket :shrug:

Good luck on the truck and post some pics!!

Jman

Established Member
its not a crew cab.... just a supercab and no two tone... for now i'm just gonna see how she sounds with a straight pipe...
that should piss off the neighbors if they aren't by now :)
if it's not the cobra, or the harley, it'll be this for sure....

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
straight piped 6.0's aren't that loud. Get a 7.3 if you want noisey. There are several good chip companies out there, and depening on what your goals are with the pickup depends on whats best. I have seen alot of cool new things for the 6.0's that sound interesting. Go hang out on a few diesel pickup boards or pick up a a diesel magazine or two. If you aren't concerned about warantee I would reccomend a chip from someone such as dp-tuning(god like in the 7.3 world) but tuners are becoming more advanced every day. I saw some cool products for the 6.0 by ts performance. As fas as exhaust whatever is quality, don't skimp because it will always be a pain in the ass down the road. As far as intakes go, I couldn't tell ya, in my dirty enviroment I'm afraid of an oiled gauze filter on a diesel.

JJPMach1

Red 2003 Mach 1
Established Member
The new engines are a 6.4 with a dual in-line turbo, my dealer said you'll be able to order them in November and get Delivery in February. I've been shopping for them as well. The 06's deals are pretty good. But I want to be able to put some more cash down on them, so I might get a 07 leftover or an 08. Freaking trucks are expesive. I need the crew cab 4X4 and they are about $40 to $50K sticker for what I want.

I just took an 07 Powerstroke for a test ride the other day. Rides pretty nice for the size of it. If you go to the ford website you can search the dealer inventories for what they have leftover, It saves you alot of driving around.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
99cobrablack said:
I think on the newer ones with the right tire/wheel combo stock will get it, but coil spacer leveling kit will do it comfortably.

I have asked this question to so many people. From what i have heard...you can fit a 35 under there but you can't go 12.50 wide because you will need a 18 inch rim that is 8.5-9 wide which they say will not fit...but I found that if you go this route you will be able to clear the 35's if you push the front bumper out by unbolting it and adding washers in there to give you the extra room. Im not exactly sure...but I think this will work.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Are you talking about stock or with a coil spacer?? Everybody talks about the overall height of the 20 inch wheel combo is right around 35 inches. I know on the old bodystyle you could clear 315's by shimming the bumper (bit it looked stupid to me) and stock would get 305's, and a 2 inch lift would clear 315's with no bumper shimming (barely)

http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gallery/displayalbum.php?albumid=19024

I don't mind the looks of this, and his tire/wheel/lift combo looks good.

Jman

Established Member
lookin at different things, how does the 5" compare to 4" in sound/performance? cat or no cat? whatcha guys think? lemme know!
can't make my mind up, and just doin a little research! whats the stock piping measure up at? is it 3.5"??

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
I have a 05 Dark Stone 250 PSD with a 4inch Bully Dog exhaust with no cat and it sounds mean as hell...Loud whistle at low rpms and nice rumble at the higher rpms...My other mods are in my sig

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Jman said:
well my old man bought an f350 back in sept. I'm pulling the trigger and getting a f250 to replace the ranger.... figured i'd get it now since it's an 06 leftover and 0% financing.... I heard the new motors coming out are gonna be big POS's. whats a good chip, intake, exhasut company out there?
for now I was thinking about just cutting the muffler off! it's dark stone in color supercab with a 6' bed... just lemme know guys thanks... :rockon:

I'd stick with Banks or BullyDog.

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
Jman said:

Congrats on the new truck. The 6.0 runs better if you keep the muffler the turbo and sensors need a little bit of back pressure.I would say a mbrp,silverline,jegs,expand it, flow pro,etc... take your pick for exhaust. the stock intake flows just as well if not better then some after market intakes, maybe change the filter to a something else. And on the chip i would say something adj in cab like ts,banks six gun with speed loader,bully dog,edge that way you can change it well driving. And if you want more info i would check out http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/ or http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/

bfoley

Established Member
Jman said:

I use the BullyDog Triple Pup and a K&N FIPK. I love it.

My truck went 16.50's @ 81 stock and with just the tune it went 14.55@96

This truck hauls ass.. Mind you I didn't get the Ford I bought the Dodge.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
I have the SCT XCal on my truck that is custom tuned by innovativediesel.com. I then had it dyno tuned and tweaked alittle more by kauffman motorsports. I did a 0-60 in my truck and it took 4.32 seconds, which isn't bad if you ask me. P.S. I know this because I have the Bully Dog Outlook Monitor. I think either SCT or TS is the best route to go with for performance tuning for the 6.0's

EATONSRT

Lights out for Merriman!
Established Member
SCT XCAL2 by Innovative Diesel here. Stay far away from the Banks and Bullydog. Its all marketing. SCT is the best.

Users who are viewing this thread