Going to be selling the Marauder soon

2012GTCS

Established Member
Well, trying to buy a house so I am going to sell the ole MM soon. Just a little background on it and have a few questions. There's only one "issue" with it and I am always an honest person and would never look to "shaft" anyone. The car was my mothers and most of its mileage was from travelling from Long Island to upstate NY on the highway. During Hurricane Sandy (boom, lol) the car was at my house. My driveway is on an incline and the water where I live really wasnt that bad, especially since my property inclines slightly. We lost a leased car since it was parked in the street. The water only got to about 5-6" against the front of my house and around the Marauder. Two days later the car was taken and cleaned and underside powerwashed. When the insurance guy came, he inquired if the MM was here during the storm, we said it was. He looked at the car and went over the whole thing. We had no interest in totalling the MM since it had "no damage", just water that barely was 6" around and nothing inside the car (I have pics showing water line on house and car) He highly recommended making a claim on the car since salt water did touch it and we'd have nothing but problems and that he will call back with a value after they look into it. Well the value was too much for my mother to pass up and she made a claim. Needless to say, I didnt want to get rid of it and looked into a buyback and wound up doing so but keeping it in under her name. The car has a clear title as of now, but once the title is transferred I believe it will have a notation stating flood damage. The car is in the absolute same condition now as it was prior to all this. I still drive it and it runs and drives 100%. Its only issue are the usual 10 year old MM stuff.

Sorry for the long story, but just wondering what is fair/what I could actually sell this car for (it book values around 10,700 (77k)). I know it has that black cloud over it now, even with what I stated and the pics I have to show the car and water line. Even I would be weary. Also, if anyone has any knowledge on the title situation.

Thanks!

Last edited:

2012GTCS

Established Member
Bone stock, down to a paper air filter and resonator tips.

The common things that happen with Marauders plus other small things that ill get mentioned in the for sale ad.....

Door lock panels on both sides dont snap in (tabs probably broken)
Drivers door armrest padding not fitting flush
Pass rear door "carpeting" (glue on felt lol) peeling off
Little clear coat peeling on the wheels in the corners
etc
Nothing Mechanical, everything in that aspect has been perfect.

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
This is a tough call, that sounds like a 8-9k car with a clean title, but if the title actually comes back as flood damage... Sorry to say but you'd be looking at like 4-5 grand right there tops.

These cars aren't valuable enough to hold value after damage, they sell cheap.

2012GTCS

Established Member
Yeah I was thinking something similar ...around 5-6000. Not expecting to get a ton of money for it. Just need to get rid of some toys. I wanted to play with it and stuff but just not the right time for it. And I'd like to see it get Into the hands of a Marauder lover vs just some avg joe who will run it Into the dirt. The car has a ton of potential.

Last edited:

oster910

Turboman
Established Member
Post it on more forums and ebay motors maybe , I know people in the west coast are trying to cash in

Users who are viewing this thread