Good Day at SDR

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I did get a new PB today though. :banana: Ran at my usual weight of ~4800 pounds with the tailgate, passenger seat and speaker box in tact. 16* max spark on 109 octane, shifting at 6K, not quite 22 psi on the boost - that's with a 8" lower/3.5" upper. :coolman:

60' 1.635
330 4.603
1/8 7.063
MPH 99.08
1000 9.222
1/4 11.054
MPH 123.07

My previous best was with the KB 2.3 seeing almost 24 psi through the traps and less weight. Not earth shattering best's but every bit helps. I made 5 runs total, the first three were to get the new setup dailed in, run 4 was my best.

The track was hooking good (just got resurfaced, didn't know what to expect) and I could have probably left harder but I didn't wanna blow the tires off, next time I can set it up from the get go since my tune is good now.

It was nice meeting everyone today, sorry I wasn't more sociable but I'm sure you understand how busy I was. Hope to see you all there again soon, next Saturday maybe? :idea: :beer:

orange2004cobra

Established Member
Thats strong there brother..

Our nitrous backfire literally blew the OEM 96 cobra upper into many, many small pieces, and even on that run, blowing the manifold up at just under 3/4 track, we still ran a 11.46.

Its all good tho, had fun, and the big engine goes in this week anyway...

Glad a fun time was had by all..

Last edited:

ShaneHayes

Established Member
my wife is sick; therefore, i stayed home and took care of her. however, she promised me next weekend i can go out and play!

nice times Bob! glad to see your lightening is running nicely!

orange2004cobra

Established Member
Our purge valve failed, and we didnt turn off the nitrous controller.

I guess you could say we had a big HICUP...

Its all good though, its funny, the stang guys we were with were more upset about it than we were..

For the life of me though, I have never seen a upper blow up like that {granted, it was a large shot} but all the upper intake hat bolts held, just all the fingers around them broke, and the hat was about 3 inches above the runners, just hovering there..

You should see the hood, we were taking the trailer to go get it, and a friends son said "thats not the HCR car daddy, and his dad said "why not son", the boy said "Their car dosent have one of them big tall cowl hoods"..

It rocked the hoods world my friend...

It looks like a laser red teepee...

We had it back running after I calle you last, the plugs were even all fine.
We put another hat on her, and she ran like a champ.

Its still time for the big engine though, so Its still comming out.

btw, I think I still smell your burnout..

Last edited:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Nice run Bob. I had a new personal best yesterday as well at SGMP. It's posted in the timeslip bar along with vid and pics of the slips. Did ya'll see my friends car? Lil red coupe with twins that the hood blew up on at 140+.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Congrats on the new PB F8L!! That car was pitted right down from me, didn't see it up close but saw the windshield. It was a NICE notchback.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Congrats on the new PB F8L!! That car was pitted right down from me, didn't see it up close but saw the windshield. It was a NICE notchback.

It destroyed the cowl, hood, windshield and the roof. I wish you could have seen it before. He did a top notch job on the build, it's very clean. He's already picked up another 4cyl. coupe and is going to cut the top off and replace his and have it ready in 3 weeks for Orlando.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
F8LSNAKE and Fade 2 Black:

Great runs and great times! I watched the video you posted F8L. Looking good, that silverado was a lil sleeper!!

Users who are viewing this thread