Good SVT dealer in northern Detroit suburbs?

Double_D

I'm toying with the idea of an '03 Cobra (if I can find one available in late winter / early spring...). Wondering if anyone has any experience with Huntington Ford in Rochester Hills, MI. I've leased other vehicles from them and have generally been pleased with their service. But, an SVT Mustang is a horse of a different color, as the saying goes...

Also, I'm wondering if anyone knows which dealers are honoring A-plan for Cobras? Finally, has anyone leased or purchased an '03 on A-plan? Could you provide a ballpark payment or out the door price (not trying to pry into your business, just like to have as much information as possible before I head to the dealership!).

As a side note, I was bs'ing with one of the sales guys up at the local Ford dealership; looks like the stock market has hit them pretty hard when it comes to the specialty vehicles. They had at least one Cobra and 2 Thunderbirds that were built to order, but the buyers backed out before the cars were delivered. The guy didnt' seem to happy about it...

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
go to Dean Sellers in Troy and see Scott Danbert.

I think they're out of allocations till Spring, but they'll do an A-Plan order for you.

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
I called around and got mine off the lot at Jerome Duncan. I was treated well, but they would not let me test drive. They even gave me the build sheet and the convoy sheet. I got A (Z) plan. The back tires on all 3 Cobra's they had were missing the nubs. They are the fourth largest Ford dealer in the nation.

Good luck finding one!

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Have you tried Jack Demmer Ford in Wayne. I bought mine at Allen Ford in, they were decent! If you go to Demmer, talk to Maureen Abbot.

docs03

Established Member
Huntington

Stay away from Huntington. Incompetent and they will try to screw you if you have any mods. Will not get MSRP.
\
Bought lots of cars from them in the past, but very poor treatment on this cobra

doc

Double_D

docs03, thanks for the info. I've gotten 3 vehicles from them with no problems, but I like to hear the good and the bad. I had a lousy experience with Jerome Duncan - they tried to slip rental car insurance into a deal, after I expressly and repeatedly told them that I wanted the deal to reflect the just the vehicle, no credit life, no loaner car, no payment insurance, just the truck. Then the slimeball F&I guy tried to bullshit me on it. I walked out and haven't been back since.

OTOH, my best friend has leased numerous vehicles from them with no problem. I may try his salesman if I go back there. I'm really torn between a regular GT and one of the higher HP models (either Mach 1 or Cobra). The fact that a new Mustang is due in 2004 makes me lean toward leasing "something" for 2 years, then buying a 2005. I really like the concept drawings that have been floating around in Motor Trend and elsewhere.

And I really, really hate the fake scoops and lousy seats on the regular GT - now all I have to do is convince the CFO that I need a 300+ hp car to drive to work :D

Thanks for the help, I'll probably be checking in as the due date draws near (I inherited my wife's Durango when she got a new Mountaineer - a Dodge will never set foot in my driveway again. Unless it's a Hemi Charger ;) )

4D THNDR

Established Member
Double-D
I've got one on order at a MI dealer and that he's giving it to me A/Z plan if your interested. He said the other day there was one more order ahead of mine. You still have time to change the order to the color, etc. that you want. All it takes is $500 down to hold it. I've found a local dealer here in VA and I'd like to get out of this deal without any hassles. Shoot me an e-mail if you're interested and I'll find out Monday if he'll give you A-plan on it(you are A-plan qualified?).
[email protected]

sqidd

Established Member
Go to Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor. They always have one on the lot. I bought mine on a whim and there were three there. I have been back 4 times(I have friends there) and there was always one on the lot.

A plan price 30500 + tax

payment 600

Ask for Brian Beckstead. Tell him Jason sent you.

sqidd:p

Users who are viewing this thread