Got Scratches?

blowngt

Established Member
spree said:
Use a cutting pad for SSR2.5. Start off the PC at about 3-4, then crank it up to 5-6 until you work it in well.
www.specialtymotoring.com

Hey Spree, I bought the pad kit from SMP and it included a yellow cutting pad, 2 white polishing pads, and a blue fine polishing pad. Is it best to use the SSR2.5 with the yellow cutting or white polishing pad??? By just reading the descriptions, I would imaging that it would go something like this:

Yellow - SSR 2.5
White - SSR 1 Or VM Hand Glaze
Blue - Carnauba Moose Wax

Does that look about right???

spree

Established Member
blowngt said:
Yellow - SSR 2.5
White - SSR 1 Or VM Hand Glaze
Blue - Carnauba Moose Wax

Correct. This will also work.

Yellow - SSR 2.5
White - SSR1
Blue - VM
CMW by hand

Actually it's probably better to do it this way so that you can use SSR1 to take care of most of the car, and SSR2.5 on areas where the swirling is more severe. That, and you will use up less wax if you do it by hand.

blowngt

Established Member
spree said:
Correct. This will also work.

Yellow - SSR 2.5
White - SSR1
Blue - VM
CMW by hand

Actually it's probably better to do it this way so that you can use SSR1 to take care of most of the car, and SSR2.5 on areas where the swirling is more severe. That, and you will use up less wax if you do it by hand.

Nice!!! I'll give it a shot this weekend.......

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Hey those are some sweet BFG's on your wheels. Which one are they? They don't look like the G-Force KD.

BLK_03 said:
Since it was so nice out today, I busted out the porter cable and got rid of some of the spider webb scratches/swirls I created from drying the car throughout the winter...

Before:

picture0024is1vd.jpg

After:

picture0044is2ii.jpg

I used a porter cable... Poorboys SSR 2.5, Clearkote Vanille Moose Hand Glaze, and Clearkote Carnuba Moose Wax...

Check out Scott's site at: Specialty Motoring Products for more...

Juiced-03

Established Member
Great work man. I still have not used my PC I got at Christmas because I still have not bought the backing plate. I usually just use my high speed rotary buffer, but I always wanted a PC for my own car. I think it will be great for applying sealants, but I think I will still prefer to polish with my rotary.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Hersheyman said:
Hey those are some sweet BFG's on your wheels. Which one are they? They don't look like the G-Force KD.

Looks like the G-Force drag radials. Definitely looks badass!

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
how are you applying the VMW by hand, what pattern...any streaking?? you got a body pic of the whole car? Can the VMW be applied by the pc and a black pad? Thanks

Rick

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Very nice!

Wow, that's some serious swirlin' going on there! I have no swirl marks at all, and I'm at 30K miles.

BLK_03

Established Member
PlatinumCobra said:
Very nice!

Wow, that's some serious swirlin' going on there! I have no swirl marks at all, and I'm at 30K miles.

hhaha, well, that's the advantage of silver...

Since black is a faster color, I can deal w/ the swirls... :banana:

BLK_03

Established Member
RickSvt said:
how are you applying the VMW by hand, what pattern...any streaking?? you got a body pic of the whole car? Can the VMW be applied by the pc and a black pad? Thanks

Rick

Pattern? up and down on the vertical surfaces ( doors, fenders,etc.), front to back on the horizontal surfaces (roof, trunk, hood, etc.)

Streaking? NO way...

Application? You can apply CMW with a finishing pad. I just do it by hand though.

Body pic? Sure!!! :D

picture0554is5sm.jpg

untitled50ck.png

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
BLK_03 said:
hhaha, well, that's the advantage of silver...

Since black is a faster color, I can deal w/ the swirls... :banana:

My red truck has no swirl marks and it's a 1998 with 115k on the ticker. :shrug:

And you're right! Black is faster. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread