Got Slaughtered by a Camaro

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
I was flying down the one way towards Moline going about 50-55 mph in a 30, love going around the curves in the Nissan, kinda hugs the road...... and low and behold up in front of me is a forest green LT-1 powered Camaro (latere found out it was a '96) He was only going bout 45, so I was on his a$$ in no time. There was a older late 80's Thunderchick in front of us going pretty slow, but he turned right off right away, I had this sneaky suspicion he was going to nail it, So I punched the rental car about half a second before he did, and I was on his ass through the curves. Did a 4 wheel lockup going around the corner towards the interstate, stinking camaro couldnt handle well I guess cause I stuck with him as he was peeling around the corner. Then we go up the 7 th Ave ramp onto the interstate and I was nailing it hoping the Nissan would stick to the road as I went around the corner. Then the spanking commensed up the ramp I had nothing floored @ 7,000 RPM he just walked away and away, he had 15 car lengths on me at the top of the hill, but I kept in there Caught him as I jumped up to the top of the ramp, I zig zagged through traffic @ 97 mph (so much for the car having a limiter) Caught him as he exited on 23rd ave bout a mile and half....... talked to him at the light he though I had a 3.5L Altima, said I hung in really good, then I told him all I had was a 2.4 4 cylinder, I think he was genuinely suprised............... Oh well at least I tried to cook a chevy :burn: :p :D

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by Blackgeetee
Ha ha! Sounds like you tried to do a ricer fly by!;-)
ROFL I tried but damn, 129 horsepower is a bitch!!! :D, it was pretty cool seeing smoke fly out of the tires when I rounded the corner @ 50

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
ROFL I tried but damn, 129 horsepower is a bitch!!! :D, it was pretty cool seeing smoke fly out of the tires when I rounded the corner @ 50
No wonder you wreck cars, all the time LMAO! Just goes to show that the LT-1 Camaro/Firebirds are overrated.../donning flame suit...

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by Blue98Cobra
No wonder you wreck cars, all the time LMAO! Just goes to show that the LT-1 Camaro/Firebirds are overrated.../donning flame suit...
yeah I was surprised that I hung as well as I did, but he did annilate me, must have been my lack of torque, which also happens to be 129 ft lbs

00 YEAH

F-Body Freak!
Established Member
bah, musta been one of the crappy dogged-out LT1's...read my sig...less than $500 of mods on ours...and no NAWWWSSS...

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by 91and95Z28Chick
bah, musta been one of the crappy dogged-out LT1's...read my sig...less than $500 of mods on ours...and no NAWWWSSS...
LOL, no I wasn't dissing the LT1s, but I doubt any factory stock LT1 made 275RWHP (price of mods is inconsequential) and alot came with 2.73 rear gears, if I'm not mistaken...:-D (hence my PM...LOL)

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by Blue98Cobra
LOL, no I wasn't dissing the LT1s, but I doubt any factory stock LT1 made 275RWHP (price of mods is inconsequential) and alot came with 2.73 rear gears, if I'm not mistaken...:-D (hence my PM...LOL)
My LT-1 made 265 hp :) and 335lbs of torque :D

manystangs

SVT Poster
Established Member
I think it's pronounced gaymaro, just kidding don't get all bent out of shape. sounds like you had fun!! If at first you don't succeed try, try again!

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread