Got the Whipple on and tuned

Sho Off

Member of the 600 Club
Established Member
Well a few weeks back my dad and I installed my whipple and a few other goodies, got it dyno tuned, and then debuted the car at the first big local car show in town, oh and I won best in my class :thumbsup:

Check out this link, two pictures of my car at the show(the first two pics on the page). I'll have some better ones up later.

http://www.manitobamustang.com/pics/05wow/index.htm

I put down 602 RWHP and 560 RWTQ

Whipple @ 17 psi
Whipple Idler
Accufab Big Oval TB
55 lb injectors
MAF Xtender
KB Boost A Pump
VRS Catless X pipe
Steeda Catback
Steeda CAI
Steeda Tri-Ax
NGK TR6s
Custom Predator Tune
Autometer Dash Pod Bezel
Lunar Fuel Press and Boost/vac gauge
Full Length subframes
IRS Brace

Tune is very conservative running 16-17Deg of timing and 11.5 A/F right across.

I've got some pictures coming too if anyone wants to see em.

Last edited:

ANIVNM

Established Member
I just bought an 04, selling my vette, and I am dying to get back on the Corvette Forum and post my numbers with a dyno sheet.!!! Hell yeah! Send me some pics. I go the stats you listed, that is exactly what I want to do. 550-600 rwhp and a safe tune. Will $5-$6000 cover it? Been out of the ford scene for a while, what does that whipple run? Why is the whipple making som much more power besides increasing the boost levels? Is it just more efficient? :beer:

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
congratulations Sho Off!

I always enjoy seeing father & son projects :)

Sho Off

Member of the 600 Club
Established Member
Thanks JB, yeah its a good time doing the work together, although we are like the father and son on the Orange County Choppers... we like to bitch at each other alot.

But the car show was good, my dad has a Pro Street 1973 Opel GT with a 454 bored to a 482, tubbed big slicks, with a proglide 2 speed 5000 stall. I'll get some pictures up later today of the two of us at the show together.

Hye

Established Member
Congrats!

who did your install? I have a Whippe on order and need to start figuring out how to put it on the car. i'd love to do it myself, just dont think i have the skillz/patience.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
That's awesome man, the more I think about it the more I want to do a whipple as well... congrats...

Sho Off

Member of the 600 Club
Established Member
Hye06 said:
Congrats!

who did your install? I have a Whippe on order and need to start figuring out how to put it on the car. i'd love to do it myself, just dont think i have the skillz/patience.

My dad and myself did the install, we went slowly and it we spread it out over about 2 evenings and one saturday. You will need 3 ppl though to remove the blower and to reinstall it with the lower intake/IC/Whipple assembly, its a heavy sucker!!! Plus you'll be amazed how dirty your IC gets.

x14

Established Member
Sho Off said:
Well a few weeks back my dad and I installed my whipple and a few other goodies, got it dyno tuned.

I assume you installed the Whipple at home then drove it to the dyno shop to get it tuned. Was wondering if you had any problem driving without a tune.

Of course having it tune would make maximum power but was wondering if you could of gone without the tune.

Sho Off

Member of the 600 Club
Established Member
x14 said:
I assume you installed the Whipple at home then drove it to the dyno shop to get it tuned. Was wondering if you had any problem driving without a tune.

Of course having it tune would make maximum power but was wondering if you could of gone without the tune.

Not sure If I could have driven it without the tune. I had contacted my tuner and he made up my baseline tune for my ahead of time I had that flashed in before I even started the car. Then drove it nicely over the Dyno shop and tuned it there.

Especially with the MAFXtender u cannot start the car without a special tune for it.

Users who are viewing this thread