Great writing Andy

Andy M

Established Member
Brian,

Thanks! But, I can't take all the credit. Some of the technical details were lifted directly from the Cobra R manual that we all recieved with the car. However, I've added a lot of editorial stuff to make it more interesting and fun. And of course, I've interjected my "feelings" into it! I really do have some deep feelings of love for this machine!
smlove2.gif
It makes it somewhat easier and more pleasurable to write about something you are so passionate about!! :D

Last edited:

JoeJ

Established Member
Cobra R writeup

Hey Andy,

Man oh man....that was a great writeup on the Cobra R. Great job.

There is nothing like driving the R at speed. Listening to its engine roar, being amazed at it corning ability, and its forgiving nature while driving close to the limit. I sure love that car.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
I know i don't have an R, but if I could afford it I would.
Andy, you almost brought a tear to my eye, and I've never experienced an R. I wish I could relate to what you guys talk about the exhaust sounds. Mine sounds fairly good, but I can't imagine how much better the R's sounds.

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by quick01snake
I know i don't have an R, but if I could afford it I would.
Andy, you almost brought a tear to my eye, and I've never experienced an R. I wish I could relate to what you guys talk about the exhaust sounds. Mine sounds fairly good, but I can't imagine how much better the R's sounds.
Hamilton,

The sounds that emanate from the R are different from any car I have ever heard in my life. I think it is the combination of the engine itself creating some great sounds, coupled with the MASSIVE air intake plenum which looks like it could suck in tree trunks
chainsaw.gif
, grind them up, and spit them out of the side exit exhaust!!.... and the exhaust system - which in stock Borla form sounds incredible. However, several of us (myself included) have installed the entire Bassani hifllow exhaust system which takes this BEAST into yet another stratosphere of sound levels. It is very hard to describe how good it sounds without you actually being in the car??! Aside from Ferrari, and a few other substantially more expensive cars, I have never ever heard anything quite so sweet in my life. I AM ADDICTED TO IT!!
BURNOUT.gif

Send me email and I will reply back with a short audio clip of my R doing 0-130 just after installing the Bassani exhaust.

my email is [email protected]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread