Greetings from Hot 'Lanta 98 Cobra Upgrades

droptop_mustang

Droptop_Mustang
Another old Mustang owner but new to the site. I haven't had much luck in running down information and I was pointed to this site via another fellow owner.
Is there anyone out there that is doing any experminting with a 98 block and 03 heads?
Here is what I've got going with my Cobra. I bought it in July, local Atlanta car with a fairly good paper trail. The 98 S.a.P. block was bored 030. Mahle pistons n rings, steel Ford Cobra crank, Manley H Beam rods, 03 Heads, Valves and Cams, SCT6600 chip, 90mm Mass Air, 46 lb injectors, 2001 intake and plenum, Mach 1 throttle body and cam covers, ceramic long tubes, no cats, light weight flywheel, 10,000 RPM (Mfg) clutch and 3.73's behind a T45 5 speed with short throw.
Had a problem with the wrong Throttle Body when I first bought the car. It had a '98 T/B on the car and it had no place to pull vacuum from, so the '03 Mach 1 T/B came into play. Cleaned up some vacuum lines and electrical wires and the performance rose significantly.
The car has been lowered with Eibach's and sits on the factory 17X8's.
Anyone that can give me a hint at what horsepower, ET's you might be running with some similar performance parts. I want to get the car re tuned but I also want a bench mark to know from where I am starting, to where I might be going.

Thanks for any info,

Rick

Last edited:

Julie GT07CS

Established Member
Hi Rick! Welcome to the forum! I can't help you technically but if you have any cooking questions....:-D:lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread