Greetings From Wichita, KS.

SteveWK

Established Member
Just a quick post to introduce myself. I don't currently own a Shelby Cobra, but I am going to buy the new 2013 GT500. I was in the market for a GT, but after reading up on the subject, I came to the conclusion the GT500 is for me. I know myself, and it would only be a month or two before I'd be putting a Roush supercharger on the GT and modifying the suspension and exhaust. Add that and other mods to a fully optioned GT and it's only another 10-12k for a nicely optioned GT500 with a warranty. Plus I won't have to worry about the engine self destructing.

I put my location in the title since I am relatively new to the Wichita area and I have noticed other forum members who are from Wichita. I really have no idea which Ford dealers are the ones to avoid nor do I have a good idea where I can find a GT500 in the area. I am a bit nervous about finding what I want given the long delays for delivery and dealer allocations. But if there is a will there is a way.

I bought a new 1988 GT after graduating college. I get the same emotional excitement when I watch videos and reviews of the new GT500. I have to get one now - lol. I'm going to start looking this weekend.

Any help forum members can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Hey steve welcome to wichita. Dont have a Shelby myself but could let ya know what dealers to avoid and since you are a stang guy could introduce you to some more of the locals around here.Actually have a guy at one of the dealers that you could talk to that may be able to help you find what you are looking for send me an email some time [email protected] and we will meet up for a beer or something.

Joe

Darth Racer

Established Member
I would avoid Mel Hambelton and Rusty Eck Ford. They don't like to deal much. You'd be better off to find one out of state.

03outlaw

Established Member
Derby KS

Hey how is it going? I am also planning on ordering a GT500 in the next few months. Hopefully you don't plan to pay ADM, so with that being said stay away from Rusty Eck Ford for awhile, as well as Mel H. I still go up an mess with them from time to time (color shopping) however, they can't seem to grasp the concept that there are individuals buying these cars at MSRP. May have to go to KC, Ohio, or a few other states, but well worth it. I bought my 03 from Blue Springs Ford in KC because Rusty Eck wanted 5k over sticker, no thanks!
:beer:
Shane

Last edited:

SteveWK

Established Member
Thanks for all of the information. I really appreciate.

I'll have to do some poking around. I definitely need to color shop and will visit the Wichita dealers. As far as ADM is concerned, obviously I'd rather not pay it, but given the choice between having to travel (flying) a long distance to pick up the car and paying a small ADM, I'd probably just pay it. The cost of flying to a city and then driving back wouldn't be cheap and may offset the cost of the ADM, but I'll cross that bridge when and if I come to it. I'll pass along my research. Hopefully it can help someone else here too.

Steve

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Hey how is it going? I am also planning on ordering a GT500 in the next few months. Hopefully you don't plan to pay ADM, so with that being said stay away from Rusty Eck Ford for awhile, as well as Mel H. I still go up an mess with them from time to time (color shopping) however, they can't seem to grasp the concept that there are individuals buying these cars at MSRP. May have to go to KC, Ohio, or a few other states, but well worth it. I bought my 03 from Blue Springs Ford in KC because Rusty Eck wanted 5k over sticker, no thanks!
:beer:
Shane

so you going to keep the black car or sell it? Will you drive the shelby lol or let it sit shane lol

Joe

Darth Racer

Established Member
Thanks for all of the information. I really appreciate.

I'll have to do some poking around. I definitely need to color shop and will visit the Wichita dealers. As far as ADM is concerned, obviously I'd rather not pay it, but given the choice between having to travel (flying) a long distance to pick up the car and paying a small ADM, I'd probably just pay it. The cost of flying to a city and then driving back wouldn't be cheap and may offset the cost of the ADM, but I'll cross that bridge when and if I come to it. I'll pass along my research. Hopefully it can help someone else here too.

Steve

No! It's not worth paying any ADM. You can have the dealer ship it to you. That cost is much less than what they are asking for ADMs.

03outlaw

Established Member
What's up Joe? I am going to keep it and hopefully start driving it a little more often. However, I plan to go with the Gray on the 13 (easier to clean) or black again and bring it to you twice a week for a detail lol..

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
lol u can bring either car by anytime you know I will take care of ya bud. Havnt seen you guys inawhile need to find a weekend and grab a beer and bs

Joe

03outlaw

Established Member
Absolutely! You haven't seen my 69 Mach; it’s really looking pretty good. We need to get Chris and Bobby out of the garage and meet up at Twin Peaks...That place is badass!

Later,

Shane

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
If it hasn't sold yet, there is a black on black '13 GT500 with the PP and Recaros in Louisburg, KS at Louisburg Ford. Talked to the owner of the place about 3 weeks ago and he has a yellow/blacked stripped Ford GT he drives as well as a Midnight Blue Ford GT for sale at the dealership.

Last I looked it was listed for$67,000 if I remember correctly, but the it seems a little marked up now.....
Kansas City, KS New 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 SVT Track Package Coupe Louisburg Ford Vehicle Search Overland Park, KS Louisburg, KS

Users who are viewing this thread