GT-40 Manifold Swap

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
I just bought a GT-40 Upper/Lower intake and it is deburred and port and polished. To put this thing on, will the stock gaskets and bolts fit? Is it necessary to buy new gaskets and bolts? It has a 70mm opening so the stock 65mm T/B will work, but wont work as well as a 70mm T/B...right?? I know i need to get an inlet adaptor for the manifold to hook up to the T/B, any ideas on which one? I think im going with the FRPP. Also, for those of you have done the intake swap, anything i ought to know about? Tips/pointers? One more thing...What sort of gains should i expect with the new manifold and CAI (Densecharger)?
Thanks for the help!
Andrew

Race4food

Established Member
Hey I have a real 95 Cobra upper, the Ford original if you want to trade for the GT-40 upper.
Wont need the inlet adaptor and it already has the TB on it.

Wait never mind.... Actually i think that you will loose a bit with the inlet adaptor and the Gt-40.

We used both on my 95 and the Stock style was actually better than the GT-40.

Last edited:

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
I already have the stock Cobra upper and lower. I bought the GT-40 because everything I have heard and read has said the GT-40 was a much better intake, especially when ported. BTW, how do you like your 95 Steeda Q? My girlfriend was looking at the Steeda Q400 but hasnt gotten a chance to test drive it. Do you like your Q?

Users who are viewing this thread