GT350 engine temps

cluscher

Established Member
I've read in a couple of places by those who have independently tested this car that the temps have reached pretty scary levels in the 280 range. For those who have actually tested the vehicle via Ford's track tour or otherwise, I'm wondering if you happened to notice similar temps? Ford tested the hell out of this car, and I'm surprised they would release the vehicle with this issue present if it was a big deal to them, especially with it's intended purpose to be a track day star. If this is a systemic issue it could certainly be costly via the warranty path. Am I missing something? Is this not a big deal? What are your thoughts?

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I was in the third group to go through at Road America, and the temps were normal (not that you watched them at all once you were moving) but the cars were getting short rests in between drivers. I didn't see any of the cars being pulled off of the track during the runs. I guess you would need to see results after an extended course run of 10 laps or more to get a good feel for any overheating problems.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
If memory serves me correctly, both times I heard about this it was with a yellow car. I wonder if it was the same car? I know they don't make a ton of the marketing cars.

It will be interesting to see what the market has to say. I know my Focus gets pretty hot on the track but never goes into limp mode.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
I would wait until these cars are being ran hard at the track for full sessions before making assumptions based on magazine articles. And second, 280* oil temps are not necessarily a problem, particularly if running a good synthetic in the car.
S.

cluscher

Established Member
Nice find professor. Maybe it's just not a big deal to Ford Performance.

On another note, does anyone know what oil they're using for this engine?

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
From page 36 of the GT350 owner's manual supplement:

_GT350 Supplement.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread