GT500 lower pulley---

Tucker

It was custom made for them.

Lake George huh? Got to love the car show every year. Man, I miss that.
Good times.

Jay

badpuss

Established Member
The bigger bottom pulley spins the SC faster just like the smaller top pulley, ever see the pulley on a Top fuel Dragster, they can be 10 inches.

One reason to use the bigger bottom pulley is to prevent the belt from slipping, the smaller the top pulley is the less teeth you have for contact area.

The reason you don't see that many bigger bottom pulleys are clearance issues and you can make 4 top pulleys from the same material it takes to make 1 bigger bottom pulley.

Pure03Venom

Imma Ho...
Established Member
Tucker said:
It was custom made for them.

Lake George huh? Got to love the car show every year. Man, I miss that.
Good times.

Jay

So do I....looking forward to heading back up there sometime soon to meet up with my old car club that always shows a number of cars.

Formula51

Established Member
badpuss said:
The bigger bottom pulley spins the SC faster just like the smaller top pulley, ever see the pulley on a Top fuel Dragster, they can be 10 inches.

One reason to use the bigger bottom pulley is to prevent the belt from slipping, the smaller the top pulley is the less teeth you have for contact area.

The reason you don't see that many bigger bottom pulleys are clearance issues and you can make 4 top pulleys from the same material it takes to make 1 bigger bottom pulley.

All very true, but it has been thought that there is not enough room for a larger lower pulley on the GT500 due to the placement of a sensor (intentionally or otherwise) very close to the lip of the stock lower pulley.

I think what the original post was getting at was is there enough clearance for a larger lower pulley?

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
Formula51 said:
All very true, but it has been thought that there is not enough room for a larger lower pulley on the GT500 due to the placement of a sensor (intentionally or otherwise) very close to the lip of the stock lower pulley.

I think what the original post was getting at was is there enough clearance for a larger lower pulley?
I was under the same impression, that a lower pulley wasn't possible with the GT500's set-up.:shrug: :shrug:

03SBSVT

Banned
they did say it only upped the boost to 15psi. So thats a 1lb lower with a 2.6 upper. I do understand what a lower pulley does, I was just wondering if this is going to be a production piece or what the story is.

Users who are viewing this thread