GT500: Stripe Delete Package?

Wease

I Love Beavers
Established Member
Anyone have any clue if the GT500 will be offered with a stripe delete package? I don't really mind the stripes on the hood, but I could do without those on the side. If I could get the car with them off it all together, that would make me much happier. Anyone have any info on that as a possible no cost option? :)

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Hehe, im opposite of you. I would rather the ones on the side.

Course, since they will be vinyl, then you can have a no stripped 500 anytime you wish. Grab a hair dryer and 3m adhesive remover and your gtg.

Tony Alonso

Established Member
According to an SVT rep at the Woodward Dream Cruise, a stripe delete option is being considered. No mention was made of the cost implications of that.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
The rumours I have heard is there will be a stripe delete...

This puts me in a bit a quandry..

since I now know the stripes WILL be vinyl, eventhough the recent pics of the stripes look MUCH better, Im still not digging the rear of the car, and how the stripes go around the license plate area, and how they go around the brakelight. They seem very BROKEN to me in the rear. Plus the vinly looks DULL. Not shiny at all, like real paint or like the original concept..(Or like an original GT500 for that matter)

I want to take the car to a body shop, redo the lemans stripes with real paint. But if I get the stripe delete, I would lose the side stripes, and Im not sure the body shop could do them..

So I may be better off ordering the car with the stripes, and then have the body shop remove the lemans stripes and paint them
What a Pain in the A$$ on a 40,000 car. :dw:

Last edited:

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
Why not just put theim in the freakin trunk like pace car stickers? If you are an SVT buyer and you want them the dealer can certainly eat an hour of labour to put on the stickers, and if you don't want them, but want to preserve the value of your special car then send them along in the future.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Because I always wanted to do a modern mustang in a shelby theme.. I always wanted Ford to do this..

I have always been debating finding an old 68 Fastback, putting in a Cobra drivetrain, and makeing the outside look like a Shelby..

But Ford came to the rescue.. :-D

Im just a bit bummed that when they finnally decided to do it, they decided to use vinyl for the huge lemans striping. :dw:

Last edited:

03reptile

Established Member
Ford has historically offered stripe deletes on their cars starting with the 1966 Shelby GT350. I'm sure they will offer this on the GT500, as well. Remember they even had the spoiler delete for our 03/04's. I like the stripes but will have them deleted because they attract too much attention to you.

Users who are viewing this thread