H&R racing springs Not sport.

rb185afm

Established Member
I tried a search. Any one have experiance with the H&R Racing Springs. I know alot of people are running the sports. The drop is about the same but the spring weights are higher. Any one have any imput on the ride with these springs. I plan on doing the occasional track day at Thunder Hill and Button Willow so I like the stiffer spring rates up front for hard braking. Just curious if anyone is the race versions and can give me any imput.

Fiveohdean

Established Member
I've run the H&R race springs on a couple of mustangs (not the 03 cobra). Only the most die hard road racers will be willing to put up with the ride on the street. Eibach has a 750lb front spring that works well on dual purpose cars.

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
i have them, the ride is somewhat stiffer than stock, not much though. the drop is definitely less than the supersports. i don't mind about the drop since i am going to be getting long tubes.

Blades

Established Member
any updates? I have mid length headers and I am concerned about the ride height of the SuperSports.. Should I get Race?

rb185afm

Established Member
I have the springs sitting in my living room. But I have to wait for my car to get out of the paint shop as the hood is being repainted under warrenty. I will let you know. But in talking to Maximum Motorsports it does not drop the car any lower than the sports. It is just a heavier spring rate.

Blades

Established Member
Originally posted by rb185afm
I have the springs sitting in my living room. But I have to wait for my car to get out of the paint shop as the hood is being repainted under warrenty. I will let you know. But in talking to Maximum Motorsports it does not drop the car any lower than the sports. It is just a heavier spring rate.

Whats wrong? Is the hood chipping? Thanks for taking the time to reply.. both of you. :rockon:

D-Cobra

Established Member
i just got my H&R race springs installed about 2 weeks ago, and i'm loving it.

the ride is definitely stiffer than stock but not harsh, the cornering is flatter, and the drop IMO is just right. :thumbsup:

rb185afm

Established Member
I have two paint chips from bugs on my hood. I took the car into the dealer. The dealer looked at the hood for about 30 seconds and said we will repaint it under warrenty. The reason they are going to repaint the hood is the paint was bubbling around the chips.

Users who are viewing this thread