half shafts

Jaysvt

Ready for Summer
Established Member
how do you know if your half shafts are going bad because when i take off i can hear this poping/ bubbling noise in the rear end. What will happen when they brake does it wreck anything else????????:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
jay - I don't know the answer to your question, but do you mind if I ask you one? How is it you only get 375 rwhp with all those mods? Very nice 1/4 results, also, for only that much HP. Are the numbers in your sig your stock HP and torque numbers?

Jaysvt

Ready for Summer
Established Member
i had my car tuned at detroit speedworks in warren michigan and greg has a mustang dyno which is corrected hp. The other dyno are off where they don't add in factors like wind,weight,air temp, air pressure. Me and snkbyte both have the same mods except x-pipe where he pulled 25 more corrected hp at the wheels. My frist pull was 320 before the tune. Do the math you guys with 480 hp at the wheels and a 3650 lb car should run low 11's but they don't.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by Jaysvt
how do you know if your half shafts are going bad because when i take off i can hear this poping/ bubbling noise in the rear end. What will happen when they brake does it wreck anything else????????:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

Mine was making a metallic clicking noise a few days before it broke.
However, other folks have reported the same noise and their halfshafts are fine, so I'm not sure there really is an early indicator.

I broke at the track on a launch and nothing else was damaged (except my pride when I was towed off the track:rollseyes ) There was a ton of blue-green grease (smurf guts;-) ) under the whole rearend.
When it let go there was a loud pop and a clunking noise as the car rolled forward. I knew instantly what had happened so I got off the gas.
Even though I've had a ton of wheel hop problems in this car, it was not hopping when the half shaft broke.

Users who are viewing this thread