Hate to ask but MPG question..

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Ok first off i know this is a dumb question and everyone hates asking it But what kinda mpg's are you guys getting. Im not talking about hypermiling or the 4mpg you got while blastng on the dunes... But what about everyday avg mpg's?
I get 14-17mpg in my 03 Tahoe and im considering trying to pick up a used raptor this summer. if i cant get a 6.2 then i would settle for the 5.4. I know the truck NEEDS the 6.2 but i bet the 5.4 wouldnt be much slower if at all than my 5.3 Tahoe lol. Right now I have a very short commute...less than 10miles and if grew i would prolly buy a cheap gas sipper.

Im a ford guy and the Tahoe is my first gm product...didnt want the IRS of the Expy....and i do like wheeling so i would love a Raptor.
:beer:

6speedVIII

Established Member
I just went on a 500mi road trip with my dad in his 6.2L crew cab and we got 12.8-13.1mpg on the highway with the cruise control at 75 or 76mph. I don't live near my dad so i don't get to drive his truck often but he has a 45min commute that is 80% 55mph zones and 20% 45mph zones and he says he generally gets 16 to 17 mpg one a good day..... regular city driving is around 14ish...it changes quickly tho and really depends on how much stop and go u have to do. His truck brand new and still has under 1500 miles... i have heard that mpg can slightly improve once u break the engine in a little bit...but idk how true that is lol

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Ok cool thanks guys not much different that my 'Hoe. Now lets see how summer finances go lol

Sent with tapatalk while watching chicks get naked.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Ok cool thanks....hell 70mph on the interstates here and your are getting almost run over lol

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Definitely don't settle for a 5.4L! If you're looking for fuel economy, go buy something else, but I think the fun factor more than makes up for what you lose in money at the pump!

City driving usually yields about 12.6-12.8 MPG. Highway driving with the cruise on 79-80 yields about 14.4-14.6 unless the wind is blowing in your face. I have seen as high as 16'ish by setting the cruise on 68-70 though...I just like to drive fast. And this past weekend, I towed my '98GT 450 miles and averaged 12.6, which I thought was pretty damn good!

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Yeah i used to have a lightning and ive had several stangs and a couple broncos so im used to drinking fuel quick as hell lol. But it was a question i had to ask

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
Yeah i used to have a lightning and ive had several stangs and a couple broncos so im used to drinking fuel quick as hell lol. But it was a question i had to ask

I went from an '04 Sport Trac Adrenalin to the '10 6.2L Raptor when my wife decided to run over a brick mailbox last year and as much as I hate to admit it, it was a blessing in disguise. The truck is awesome. Used or new, you will love it. The torque the monster has is incredible and I haven't even begun to use all of the functionality that is built into it and the electronics. My only regret is that I wish I hadn't bought the extended warranty because I am so tempted to throw some headers, an intake, potentially some boost, and a tune on the beast and piss away the grand that I spent on an extra 36,000 miles of warranty. Go test drive one and punch it every time you pull up beside a sports car at a red light...0-55 (if you can drive) you'll give everything made by GM, short of a Z06 or ZR1, a run for their money.

P.S. Why don't you use tapatalk to post some videos of those chicks getting naked?

Last edited:

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Lol well i manage a strip club and we dont allow vids or pics to be taken. But im used to trq..my lightning made 530lbft at the wheels. Honestly the mpgs arent a huge concern i jus wanted to get an idea. My only real hold back is i really dont want to spend that much on a vehicle but we will see. I do want to test drive one but the nearest ones are like 60miles away and i work six days a week. So gotta find time on sundays to actually drive one. But thanks everyone for thier input.

I think the only thing i DONT like about the raptor is the tires...just not a bfg at fan although that minor. I would although mod it....but just exhaust,cai and a tune. Oh and upgrade the speakers.

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
Mine has 7800 miles on it and the average MPG recorded is 13.4.

It does great on the highway at 65 and you start to lose 1mpg for each 5mph over that.

LOVE this truck and I haven't missed the mustangs yet.

ibismojo

Established Member
A friend went down to the Baja 500 this weekend in his '12 Crew Cab Raptor. Cruising at 70, 3 passengers, a dog, and a bed completely filled with camping gear and coolers, he averaged low to mid 13's. Doing donuts on the beach....less than 13's :)

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
I forgot I even made this thread...I couldn't find a used raptor anywhere near me for under 40k so I bought a new 4dr wrangler

Sent using Tapatalk2 while watching chicks get naked.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I'm at 14.6 right now, bone stock super crew. I just don't drive like a wild man. FWIW, people on either the forumZ or FRF have said that an intake and tune can add 1-2mpg.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
We moved recently and the rural roads changed our driving style. We're now averaging around 15.5'ish. With 87 octane gas at $2.99, my blood pressure doesn't get up as high at the pump anymore. It'll probably jump up after the election though...thanks gasoline corporations, you're great people:kaboom:

Users who are viewing this thread