Have a cylinder miss now?? Had one in the past?? Come in!!!

Emmerson_Biggins

Huge, that is
Established Member
I am working on trying to figure out how Ford's OBDII misfire counter works on their supercharged platform. This is independent research that may be used to help us later. So the question is, if you have a cylinder miss now, or you have had one in the past, how long did it take the check engine light to come on and identify the exact misfiring cylinder, or at least turn the light on and identify a random cylinder misfire. Immediately, a few seconds, a few drive cycles, never, just a guess-timate is fine. I didn't want to make this another poll :p

Thanks in Advance

Last edited:

Tat03Cobra

Established Member
On my 98 cobra - when I upped my boost, the first time I went into wot, the car fell on its face. When i got back to the shop, I scanned it for the heck of it, and it had the misfire code. I think i was experiencing spark blowout. Anyways, I am assuming it triggered the code after the first misfire. Not sure if the 98 and the 03/04 eec's are the same though

peace

Emmerson_Biggins

Huge, that is
Established Member
I appreciate your input. That is one of the things I am addressing is if spark blow-out is monitored on the misfire counter.

Users who are viewing this thread