Have a problem

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
Has anyone had this happen to them. When I accelerate to WOT the boost goes up and everything, but the car doesn't get up and go like it should. Also my radio will cut out on mr for a bit then come back on. The radio thing seems to happen when i decide to play it too loud. This has not happened prior to today and am really confused. No check engine light on or anything its wierd. Well thanks in advance.

Luis

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
Sneeks2nv said:
Has anyone had this happen to them. When I accelerate to WOT the boost goes up and everything, but the car doesn't get up and go like it should. Also my radio will cut out on mr for a bit then come back on. The radio thing seems to happen when i decide to play it too loud. This has not happened prior to today and am really confused. No check engine light on or anything its wierd. Well thanks in advance.

Luis

Do you have the traction controll on???

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
No traction control is off, but when I mash the pedal the boost goes up and I know blower is spinning faster but the car just doesn't accelerate like it used to. I think its an electrical issue b-cuz now it doesn't even want to start. I hear the clicking when I turn the ignition but nothing happens. So the good thing is its still under warranty. I'm just going to call ford and let them deal with it. But thanks guys for the help.

Luis

Sneeks2nv

Fully Built, Inc.
Established Member
thanks

No traction control is off, but when I mash the pedal the boost goes up and I know blower is spinning faster but the car just doesn't accelerate like it used to. I think its an electrical issue b-cuz now it doesn't even want to start. I hear the clicking when I turn the ignition but nothing happens. So the good thing is its still under warranty. I'm just going to call ford and let them deal with it. But thanks guys for the help.

Luis

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
You might have 2 problems. Address the electrical issue first and if you still have the lack of acceleration, check your clutch. You can test the clutch by flooring the car in 4th at low mph. if the engine immediately races, your clutch is bad. If it takes a while to get the RPMs up, the clutch is working properly.

Users who are viewing this thread