Headlights

joey_88

Established Member
Hope this isnt a stupid question, but where can I acquire the HID OEM headlights for my 5.0? Would the stealership be the only place? With that being said are they a plug and play? Has anyone done this swap before? I would of got them but this color and interior color were my favorite....:nonono:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I've been thinking about this same mod. I'm not sure that they are plug and play. I think the plugs may be different on them. The dealership is going to be your only source for new ones. You might luck up and find a used set on eBay or in the SVTP Market.

ViciousJay

Established Member
if you wan the housing its gonna run you 600 easy. If you want a kit go to DDMtuning.com, i have a 5K 55w set. For plug and play i think it was 75-85 if i remembered and a lifetime warranty

JL-KA

Established Member
You would save a lot of money by doing a retrofit. I bet even if you payed a pro to do it you'd save a couple hundred bucks. Plus on top of the savings you'll end up with better performance and I would argue, better looks.

A cheap kit in the stock reflector housing is NOT the way to do HIDs. It just blinds everyone else on the road. In many cases it also brightens the foreground too much. Having a bright patch of light the first 15 feet in front of your car will cause your pupils to constrict and will actually DECREASE your distance visibility.

Last edited:

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
some guy did a nice retrofit to his 2011 somewhere on the net. Came out looking very nice and clean! Ive seen the oem headlights pricing, NUTS!.

Users who are viewing this thread