Headswap guys in here...I got some questions

Tydlwavs

Parts God
Established Member
What kinda power are you putting down with the 96-98 Romeo bottom end?

What intakes are you running?

I picked up a compelte Bullitt intake with the stock TB for less than Ford's lower intake cost. It's brand new. I'll be selling the TB for an Accufab unit and having the intake ported if money allows. I just need to know if I should get cams and springs right away too or if I'll be happy with the stock stuff for now.

I'll be getting a stock 99GT motor for my T-bird and using the Bullitt to top it off. Should have it ready by May. Then I need some other parts to finish the deal. I'm gonna make the plate fit this project...that's my goal:)

Last edited:

Blackgeetee

Established Member
I have the SHM 99+ heads/cams/lower intake. I still have the stock upper intake for now, but may get the bullitt soon. My power jumped from 206rwhp/276lbs to 262rwhp/292lbs post swap.

Keep in mind my pistons are flat topped and when mated with 99+ heads the compression jumped from 9:1 to 10:5. The 99+ pistons are dished to keep the compression a little lower, I think 9:5 is what it is.:beer:

1BadAzzGT

Established Member
Number in my sig on "old combo" are from 98 block with 99 PI heads (ported/polished) with stock 99 cams, stock 99 intake, vortech, 42# injectors, bla bla bla and all that fun stuff.

Run different combo now after blowing that block to pieces :thumbsup:

khaine

Established Member
I've got the bullitt intake, plus cams, ported heads and matching done with my engine, compression is at 9:1, before the blower with the head upgrade, I was running at a little over 260Hp, adding on the blower brought me up to 418hp

one of the guys in the club up here is in the middle of doing a head swap on his 96, should have numbers on it come springtime

Users who are viewing this thread