Heat in the shifter area...

GreyCobra_03

Lurch
Established Member
As I was driving my Cobra today, my wife in the passenger seat noticed that there was alot of heat down at her feet. I had noticed that my feet were hot and I could feel heat with my shifter hand whenever I went to shift, but had automatically assumed that my wife had the heater on. When she brought this to my attention I noticed that the heat was not on, but I could feel heat radiating out of the shifter boot and all up in the CD player area, and the cup holders were both quite warm. I don't remember feeling this heat last summer, and am wondering if I am starting to nitpick or if this could be a problem. Has anyone had unusual heat in this area? I will be checking my trannie fluid ASAP, but really cannot imagine why this area would be so hot.

Thanks and feel free to flame my paranoid self :lol: :burn:

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Normal - all Mustangs do this - at least 99+ years - maybe earlier. My 2000 GT is bad. I think it comes from the engine and exhaust heat radiating through the firewall and shifter area.

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by GreyCobra_03
As I was driving my Cobra today, my wife in the passenger seat noticed that there was alot of heat down at her feet. I had noticed that my feet were hot and I could feel heat with my shifter hand whenever I went to shift, but had automatically assumed that my wife had the heater on. When she brought this to my attention I noticed that the heat was not on, but I could feel heat radiating out of the shifter boot and all up in the CD player area, and the cup holders were both quite warm. I don't remember feeling this heat last summer, and am wondering if I am starting to nitpick or if this could be a problem. Has anyone had unusual heat in this area? I will be checking my trannie fluid ASAP, but really cannot imagine why this area would be so hot.

Thanks and feel free to flame my paranoid self :lol: :burn:

i would double check your cats, they are right there under the flooring, maybe you have one that is clogged.:dw:

OCCOBRA

Picture Whirled Peas
Established Member
Normal. Turn the vent on and play with the hot and cold dial to get it right. I am always goofing with it.

Users who are viewing this thread