helmet advice

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
what brands and models do you guys have? any I should stay away from? how about where to buy? Thanks ;-)

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by NJ2000R
what brands and models do you guys have? any I should stay away from? how about where to buy? Thanks ;-)

Ken.

At the SCMC site in the "vendor special" forum, Darius Rudis has a post on Simpson helmets. They are excellent prices, I am gona order one from him also.

Brian

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
thats what I was gonna do....I had just received the SCMC email from dean :)

-any particular style you like? I really like the looks of the superbandit N in black....or the voyager N and voyager sidewinder N....

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by NJ2000R
thats what I was gonna do....I had just received the SCMC email from dean :)

-any particular style you like? I really like the looks of the superbandit N in black....or the voyager N and voyager sidewinder N....

I had a helmet recommended to me from a certain jackstand expert. :D I have it written down at home and will let you know this weekend.

Brian

SL 1993 R

Established Member
I wear a Bell, and its fine. The main thing to consider is buying a helmet that is "SA." The "SA" stands for special applications. They are used in automobile racing and such. Inside the helmet will have a label that reads "SA 95" or "M 95" or something similiar. The M stands for motorcycle and some organizations will not allow M helmets to be used for there events. Every 5 years a the label is upgraded by the manufacturer. I have a used SA 90 that is now expired. Check with the group of people you are considering running with and find out what there helmet standards are..

Users who are viewing this thread