Help! Driver's side window won't work

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Had the car for week and a half. Love it . 1 nagging problem. Intermittently the Drivers side window won't work. I almost got caught in a downpour with the window stuck in the down position. And to top it off I wanted to drive the Cobra to my Cousins wedding last night. My brothers would be there with their new rides. A6 4.2 and Mercedes E320 and wanted to be looking sharp with the Cobra. Window won't work again. Any help would be appreciated.

SVTyballz

Established Member
Can't fix your window, but just meet your brothers with the top down, don't put it up and pray for no rain. Just a thought for a short term solution.......

gary

docs03

Established Member
Mine did that too for about four hours and then started working all of a sudden. Haven't had any problems since, but I have no explanation

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
take it to the dealer, tell them to FIX IT.. it's a brand new car, and even if you have every mod in the book under the hood, an electrical problem like this will still be covered by warranty

B

blown03cobra

I also had that problem,,, mine was where the two switches meet,, the driver and passanger module (i think) there was a wire loose there that they fixed when they installed my alarm. Other than that, the windows roll up and down awsome,, seems they roll up faster t han they roll down:rolling:

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
Mine did the same thing. stuck down when I pulled into work, took it to dealer on the way home, dealer pulls switch cover in door off, sees nothing wrong, puts it back in, window works.:shrug:
Second time I pull into carwash, window won't go up, leave carwash and go home, window starts working again.:shrug: :shrug:
Third time window won't go up I try something I read on a post here, close door while holding switch in up position, voila as soon as door closes window starts working. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
Hasn't done it since then and I'm hesitant about taking it back to dealer again unless it quits again.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
That's an old problem that's carried over from the 99's and 01's! Here's a trick to get it to go up. I don't want you getting your new cars all wet inside. LOL Hold the up button and smack the lower part of the door with your hand. Might have to do it twice, but it will work, your window will go back up. My 01 and others had this problem, putting a new motor in does not fix it!

Tim

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
happened on me a couple times during the first week or 10 days I had the car....

Hold the button down with car on while closing the door...

Once the problem got fixed a couple times it has never happened again....

MICH_427_Cobra

Established Member
I have had the same problem with the drivers window intermittently not working. Does anybody know the actual solution?
I do not want to depend on slamming the door to fix it.
Do you know how embarrissing it would be to have someone along for a ride, your window won't go up, you slam the door, then it goes up? Boy would that scream Quality!

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
Sure,

The explaination that my dealer's mechanic gave was that the motor gets a tiny rust spot on the gear teeth... (ford uses metal gears while gm uses nylon) and you sometimes when new or having sat a long time get a stuck gear.

My dealer ordered me a new motor and is waiting for me to take my car in to have it replaced... I am not sure I want them touching it now that it works....

peace....

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
You guys are good!. The hold down the button and slam (shut ) the door tricked worked! :} Canceled trip to dealer. I will see what happens in the next few weeks and have the dealer address when I have the oil Changed. Thanks again!!

Dahubbster

Established Member
Same problem on second day with the car.........My solution. Let my 17 yr old son take his mother for a ride to 125 mph and back. Either his drooling all over the thing or me sweating his driving it seemed to fix it. Either way, it will be addressed today during the oil change.
Oh, smoked a T/A and an SS over in Spearfish, S.D. this weekend. Couldn't get any Vette's to run with me a their car show!!

CYA:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread