help me help you looking to take over payments

nyackdon

hey fellas im looking to take over payments
if you have a lightning or cobra or gt that you want to get rid of
or cant afford payments im looking to take over payments
here is the situation like most of america now at days my credit is not good
but i can afford the payments with out a problem... we can have a contract made between me and you there will be full coverage insurance at all time. i will provide a copy of drivers license social security # and proof of address any one interested please pm or reply thanks

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Just want to give you some info about why this most likely wont work.

1st of all, 99% of banks and leasing companies require the person who is ON the lease or loan to maintain full coverage insurance on the vehicle. So even if you added your own, the original owner would have to leave their insurance on. That means that if you were to crash the car and kill someone drunk (god forbid), then their insurance would be also be liable for damages.

2nd of all, The person who Owns the car is also personally responsible. It's called Vicarious liability and it says that regardless of whose driving, the owner of any motor vehicle can be held liable for an accident resulting in death. So not only is the original owner's insurance liable, but so are they.

3rd of all, (not saying you'd do this) but if you were to trash the car, blow it up, etc... and stop making the payments, your contract that you wrote up would never hold weight in court because it cannot supercede the contract that the original owner already signed with the bank or leasing company. There is plenty of fine print stating that the vehicle cannot be sub leased out from the person on the contract. If you stopped paying it for whatever reason, there would be NOTHING the original owner could do to enforce you paying for it. Further more, if you decided to hide the car or not allow them to take it, how would they retake possession of it? They would have no recourse because they couldn't claim the car was stolen as you'd have both keys. Even if they said you stopped paying for it, the police could do nothing as it would be a civil matter. And again, no offense to you, but being that you have bad credit as it is, that kind of shows that you have not paid back debt that you signed paperwork agreeing to pay for in the past.

None of the above is meant to offend you. I know nothing about you or why your credit is bad. I understand things happen such as divorce, medical bills, etc... and your credit can get messed up. I'm just stating obvious risks regarding what you mentioned. Best bet is to either get your credit repaired asap so you can get a loan/lease yourself, OR, find yourself a good friend or partner that is willing to finance it or co sign for you. OR take the long road, save up cash and buy it outright. Good luck man!!

Last edited:

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
hey fellas im looking to take over payments
if you have a lightning or cobra or gt that you want to get rid of
or cant afford payments im looking to take over payments
here is the situation like most of america now at days my credit is not good
but i can afford the payments with out a problem... we can have a contract made between me and you there will be full coverage insurance at all time. i will provide a copy of drivers license social security # and proof of address any one interested please pm or reply thanks

Most of America? Speak for yourself son...

Users who are viewing this thread