*HELP* No Power To Radio

nodaksvt

ehhh?
Established Member
I took out the factory tape deck/radio and put the pioneer cd player in and got it all connected, went to turn it on and nothin. I checked the wiring, and from what i know its fine. I then went to put the factory deck back in and fired it up and again nothing. No power. I check the fuses under the dash and none were broken for the radio/audio, but Im not sure about the big white relay on the top left side. I have no idea whats wrong with it. Also on the back of the factory deck, there are 2 plugs. I bought a harness from walmart with about 4 plastic connecters on it and only one fit the factory plugs that go into the truck of the two. My question is, do both of the connecters that come out of the factory radio get used when you put in a aftermarket h/u? Ive looked for this answer in many spots and I cant post anything yet and cant post anything on f150 sites yet.

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
The second plug is for the factory CD changer. I don't know of any after market decks that will work the factory changer and I've never scene a harness kit that works with it either. The larger of the two plugs is the one that actually works the radio. I think you have to have a fuse problem. Either that or check the ground wire and make sure all the tugging didn't pull it off it's mount. Check all the wires and make sure nothing got pinched or crossed up.

nodaksvt

ehhh?
Established Member
i dont want to use the cd changer. right now all im worried about it trying to get power to either the factory radio or aftermarket. i checked and rechecked the fuses and they were fine, but will go back and check the grounds also. thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread