* Help *Pads,Velcro for Porter CABLE

trance_in_miami

Established Member
well i was online today :read: and i was checking out some good pads. I will conduct my wax in a couple of days. but tell me what you guys think of this
combo for pads. click on link.

Also if i use the cutting pad. do u have to use the Poorboy's ssr 2.5 on the pad? or just the cutting pad alone? how does removing swirls work ?

autopia_1798_12822199

if i get the yellow one do i need a velcro ?

autopia_1798_12825706

autopia_1798_12828747

autopia_1798_12831947

autopia_1799_2012055

Sonus Pads

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-daspad-kit.html

for 49.95 :shrug: is it good. ?

any suggestions?

Last edited:

spree

Established Member
yeah that's fine. You don't need the buffing bonnet though. And yes, you're supposed to put the SSR2.5 on the cutting pad. You will notice sometimes that the SSR2.5 starts to dust up a bit as you break it in. If it does, spray the cutting pad with some quick detail spray.

O4COBRA

Established Member
Never polish without product on the pad or applicator. you never want to polish with a dry pad!

Scott P

Established Member
I would start with SSR2.5 on the polishing pad first. You always want to go with the least aggressive solution first. SSR2.5 and a polishing pad will remove many deefects on it's own. The green polishing pad above is an aggressive polishing pad by itself, so you could be surprised at how well it works. The bonnets are one thing I personally don't use. I personally prefer to remove all product by hand.

All pads require the use of a velcro backing plate. There are different sized plates based on the pads you choose. The most common plates are 5 inch and 6 inch. A 5 inch plate will work with more pads. The 6 inch plate fits the larger pads better.

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
spree said:
yeah that's fine. You don't need the buffing bonnet though. And yes, you're supposed to put the SSR2.5 on the cutting pad. You will notice sometimes that the SSR2.5 starts to dust up a bit as you break it in. If it does, spray the cutting pad with some quick detail spray.

Couldn't you just put more 2.5 on the pad instead of spraying w/QD?? Would spraying w/QD just make the product go further, or would putting more 2.5 cake up the pad??

And the back of the bottle of 2.5 says to stop buffing when it starts to dust?

spree

Established Member
cobravenom39 said:
Couldn't you just put more 2.5 on the pad instead of spraying w/QD?? Would spraying w/QD just make the product go further, or would putting more 2.5 cake up the pad??

And the back of the bottle of 2.5 says to stop buffing when it starts to dust?

If you put more SSR2.5 it would start to cake up the pad.

Stop buffing? Hmm...don't remember reading that. Sometimes it dusts up almost immediately when you turn on the PC. You really want to get that sucker to break down. The QD solution is the way to go IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread