Help!! transmission problem .. code P0658

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
i have a 2010 F150 Lariat (5.4, 6spd auto, supercrew,) with only 40k miles on it.
The service light (wrench icon) started appearing randomly on the dash with no error message. Now the check engine light is on .. although, it also goes off sometimes. When both are lit up at the same time, the tranny only uses 3rd gear .. i guess it's some kind of limp home mode. It's also really harsh when shifting from P to D or D to P (always with my foot on the brake and level ground) when both lights are on.
I can cycle the key a few times until the wrench icon goes out, then it drives and shifts fine.

anyone see this before? How do you fix it

i scanned it with an obd reader, and it finds code P0658 "Actuator supply voltage circuit low"

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
I found this, has anone else had this issue? how did you fix it

21074 6R80 EQUIPPED VEHICLES WITH CONTINOUS OR STORED P0658 TRANSMISSION DTC
SOME 2009/2010 VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH THE 6R80 TRANSMISSION MAY EXHIBIT THE DTC P0658 (ACTUATOR POWER SHORT TO
GROUND) CAUSED BY FINE CONTAMINATION AT THE SOLENOID TO LEADFRAME CONNECTION, IN MOST CASES CONTAMINATION
MAY NOT BE VISIBLE AND IS TYPICALLY LOST DURING THE MECHATRONIC REMOVAL PROCESS. FOLLOW THE WSM 307-01B
PROCEDURES TO REMOVE THE MECHATRONIC AND THE TCM LEADFRAME. REMOVING THEN REINSTALLING THE TCM HAS BEEN
EFFECTIVE IN ALLEVIATING "SHORT TO GROUND" CONDITION. FILL AND SET TRANSMISSION FLUID LEVEL AND CLEAR DTC'S
AND ROADTEST. :MECHTRONIC SHOULD ONLY BE REPLACED IF THE DTC/CONDITION RETURNS.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 11/05/2009

does the trans have to be removed to take out the mechatronic/tcm, or can they do it by dropping the oil pan? someone have a copy of WSM 307-01B?

Users who are viewing this thread