HELP....what wheels should I go with on my 2012 Lava Red Mustang GT

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
I want to go with the staggered look, but can't decide whether to go with CHROME, BLACK CHROME, BLACK CENTER with POLISHED LIP or BLACK (painted/powder coated). I think 20" would look the best. If anyone has a pic of black or lava red gt with wheels, I would love to see a pic to get some ideas or if someone could PHOTOSHOP me some pics with various wheels, that would be cool.

I'm going to sell the current 19" stock wheels and tires I have now if anyone is interested.

lavaredgt011.gif

kingnut

Established Member
chrome would probably make your paint "pop" the most. although i do like the wheels that are on it now too.

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
I seen a Shelby Super Snake this weekend with the 20" alcoa's and it looked sweet. I was wanting to do the staggered look with a 245 on fron and the widest 285-305 on the rears.

HessMotorsports

Established Member
Why does everyone always recommend the cheap cast aluminum wheels? Try to get some weight out of these cars by removing unsprung weight and go with a forged 3 piece or forge mono-block. They do say that every pound of unsprung weight is like removing almost 10lbs from your car for performance! Savini and NuTek make some incredible wheels with any color combination and offset you want. Plus you will have faith they aren't going to explode on you at 170mph like a cast wheel can and DID on a ZO6 at the Texas Mile this year!

SicShelby09

Banned
Why does everyone always recommend the cheap cast aluminum wheels? Try to get some weight out of these cars by removing unsprung weight and go with a forged 3 piece or forge mono-block. They do say that every pound of unsprung weight is like removing almost 10lbs from your car for performance! Savini and NuTek make some incredible wheels with any color combination and offset you want. Plus you will have faith they aren't going to explode on you at 170mph like a cast wheel can and DID on a ZO6 at the Texas Mile this year!

Why, really WHY? Because the 3 piece forged wheels are like $500 and up a piece. Thats why.

corruptor

Established Member

Agreed, but I think for street applications, it won't make much of a difference unless you're a toad and try to rev on everyone on the roads.

I think black chrome or hyperblack would look good on lava red.

Users who are viewing this thread