Help with my 88...PLEASE

1FAST04

Galatians 2:20
Established Member
I have a 88 notchback that is powered by a 331 stroker. I have an S-trim vortech that i plan on putting on and i need to know what i need to do in order for this to work.....safely. I plan on running 12 or so lbs of boost and this car is going to be my daily driver. I need to know what size injectors, MAF, ignition, etc....When all is said and done what kind of power should i be able to put down? Thanks for the help and God Bless...

racewithsnails

Established Member
Upgrade your fuel system to bigger line 1/2". You will also need a fuel pump, adjustable regulator, and bigger rails. I like this Mallory unit.In-Line Fuel Injection Pump (11106M) | fuel injection pumps | Mallory. 42 lbs per hour injectors a properly sized MAF are also going to be a necessity. You will need a heat range colder spark plug set and an upgraded ignition like msd6al with a coil and wires. To avoid belt slip you might need a 8 rib belt setup, and you will absolutely need a good tune with some dyno time. With a properly matched set of aluminum heads and a cam/ intake, 550 at the wheels should be a reasonable goal. Much more power above this and you will experience an oil pan failure when the stock block cracks down the middle and connrods/pistons exit the pan. Get a dart or a boss 302 block and then turbo it!

1FAST04

Galatians 2:20
Established Member
Thanks for the input! Hopefully i can get started with all of this and get this thing finished. I am hoping to have all of this done by MW 2011:beer:. We dont really have any tuners near where i live ( Valdosta, Ga ) so thats gonna be an issue. The most reliable one i am aware of is amazon up in S.C. I dont want this car to be a world beater, i just want i nice notchback that has some good giddy up under the hood. Thanks for the help once again. I really appreciate it. Take care and God Bless.

Users who are viewing this thread