Help with RR tensioner

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
I cannot get the tensioner to fit......do I have to CUT a 1" groove in the plate that the tensioner bolts to for the square adjustment bolt base to clear the bracket?????

I must be doing something wrong.....wish RR would send instructions.

Car is down.....anyone know how to do this?

FOURCED

3 honks and I own you
Established Member
John Himsel said:
I cannot get the tensioner to fit......do I have to CUT a 1" groove in the plate that the tensioner bolts to for the square adjustment bolt base to clear the bracket?????

I must be doing something wrong.....wish RR would send instructions.

Car is down.....anyone know how to do this?

John,

You have to take the idler plate off the car and indeed cut a section out on the plate where the tensioner bolts to. I'm not close to my car right now or I'd give you some measurements as to how far/wide you'd need to cut. I actually cut too far down on mine... but it doesn't really matter on that part as the width I cut was just right.

I've seen pics of your car with the rollbar installed. Who made the bar and are the door bars removeable/swingout? I'm thinking you said before it was an Autopower but I don't remember off hand.

And yes... I wish Reichard would have sent directions too... but I figured it out anyways :D

HTH,

Shannon

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
rollbar

Thanks for the tip.....looks like I got more parts to pull off.

The rollbar is from Autopower......had it Chromed....gets lots of compliments.

The side bars are fixed....however they were low enough to slide over the top....so I went with it....no problems getting into the car....the back seat...now that's a different issue.

Users who are viewing this thread