-Help with that clutch, please !!!

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Hi all,

So...my TOB went out. Took it to a reputable shop around here and had it replaced. Used the Ford Racing TOB and picked it up when it was done.

They took a good look at the clutch and flywheel, etc., and nothing else needed work...perfect!

When I first picked it up...I was in "clutch pedal heaven"

It was light, perfectly "springy" (meaning the pedal would release all the way up smooth as could be!)
The clutch was engaging near the end of the pedal travel...perfect!
The clutch was smooth, the pedal was smooth, the engagement all just perfect.

Then, just yesterday, I'm at work and take it out to go get some lunch. Normal driving, nothing hard...just easy-cheesy. Stop off at my lunch spot, eat, then get back in the car.

Start it up and as soon as I put the clutch pedal in, it felt completely different.
Now it's engaging nearly a centimeter OFF the floor AND it no longer has that smooth springy feel where it's pushing the clutch pedal perfectly extended like it was literally a moment ago!!

What happened??!?!???!?!

Steve

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
the extensive mod list in your sig doesn't show an aftermarket quadrant/adjuster, so i am gonna guess that your quadrant slipped on the plastic teeth and your cable loosened up. you can try to adjust it yourself, sometimes it helps. there is a nice write up in how-to.

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
the extensive mod list in your sig doesn't show an aftermarket quadrant/adjuster, so i am gonna guess that your quadrant slipped on the plastic teeth and your cable loosened up. you can try to adjust it yourself, sometimes it helps. there is a nice write up in how-to.

Thanks, so are you thinking the fix is just ratcheting back the clutch pedal one click at a time? I tried that as soon as it happened and unfortunately it didn't fix anything. Or, is there something else I'm missing to get the entire quadrant back where it should be

I appreciate your help

Users who are viewing this thread