"Hick-up" Or sputtering when coasting

D2Fresh16

Established Member
What's up guys? Ever since I swapped the Eaton onto my GT,I've had this weird issue (among many others, of course).

When I'm not on the gas and the TB Blade is shut, but the revs are up, I get a weird sputter and the car like jerks back and forth. It happens mostly going downhills when the car is in gear and the motor is holding it back. If I put it in neutral and coast, it's fine..

I'm thinking it may be the bypass valve on the side of the Eaton? Do these go bad?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
What's up guys? Ever since I swapped the Eaton onto my GT,I've had this weird issue (among many others, of course).

When I'm not on the gas and the TB Blade is shut, but the revs are up, I get a weird sputter and the car like jerks back and forth. It happens mostly going downhills when the car is in gear and the motor is holding it back. If I put it in neutral and coast, it's fine..

I'm thinking it may be the bypass valve on the side of the Eaton? Do these go bad?

Boost by pass valves do go bad, I'm not sure if they produce that symptom or not though.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread