Hid Kit

Davidnz

Established Member
has Anyone found a kit for gt-500? looks like the H/L beams are the same bulb...I looked on ebay but none was listed..

Last edited:

jcthorne

Established Member
I installed a hi/low dual element kit for the headlamps and a single element kit for the fogs on my GT-500. Got them from this guy here in Houston through Ebay.:

[email protected]

Very high quality kit and Hanh was very helpful. Included complete wiring harness necessary to power the ballasts from the fuse block, not the headlight harness.

Avoid the single element hi/lo kits with the solenoid to move the bulb, they are a mechanical device and not very reliable in the long haul. Replaced 3 of them on my F-250.

Davidnz

Established Member
jcthorne said:
I installed a hi/low dual element kit for the headlamps and a single element kit for the fogs on my GT-500. Got them from this guy here in Houston through Ebay.:

[email protected]

Very high quality kit and Hanh was very helpful. Included complete wiring harness necessary to power the ballasts from the fuse block, not the headlight harness.

Avoid the single element hi/lo kits with the solenoid to move the bulb, they are a mechanical device and not very reliable in the long haul. Replaced 3 of them on my F-250.

great,,what was the ball park price? and also was wondering when you locked and unlock the car if headlights where working okay?? I had trouble with that before in other cars .....

just looked on ebay..do you have his ebay ID?

Thanks..

Last edited:

Pudmunkies

Established Member
Im confused by their ad :shrug:
8000K bulbs produce a pure white light with a very slight bluish tint for increased night vision

DSC00384.jpg

You can see 4100kand 5000k are white, and 6700 is blue... can you imagine how blue 800k is? oh, heck here ya go :p 8k are the two on the second to bottom row, on the left
HIDcolor.jpg

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I have two sets (fog and headlamps) of the Stangmods kits sitting around for the 03, but haven't put them in yet.

I think I'll be going with the OEM Ford kit when its available.

jcthorne

Established Member
Davidnz said:
great,,what was the ball park price? and also was wondering when you locked and unlock the car if headlights where working okay?? I had trouble with that before in other cars .....

just looked on ebay..do you have his ebay ID?

Thanks..

The hi/lo kit was about $270 and the single element kit for the fogs (H3) was about $140. His ebay id is operatic98. HIDs in the fogs requires replacing the stock plastic housing with unavailable bulb type. I found one that looks very much like stock, glass lens and metal housing, bolts to the stock location and uses an H3 style bulb for the HID kit.

Headlights come on, low beam, with the remote unlock just like stock. They also work with my Ford autolamps controller. No issues, no flicker and stainless steel enclosed ballasts like oem. Not painted aluminum.

Last edited:

jcthorne

Established Member
Pudmunkies said:
aluminum would be preferred for ballasts as it dissipates heat better.

They are very efficient ballasts and do not get hot. After several hours use, they are barely warm to the touch. Heat dissipation is not an issue for these electronic ballasts. They are instant on too. Switching from lo to hi beam is instantanous as is the auto lamp with the keyfob. They come on at nearly full brightness immeadiatly, much better than the HIDs in my 2002 F-250 that are now 4 years old.

Last edited:

Davidnz

Established Member
jcthorne said:
The hi/lo kit was about $270 and the single element kit for the fogs (H3) was about $140. His ebay id is operatic98. HIDs in the fogs requires replacing the stock plastic housing with unavailable bulb type. I found one that looks very much like stock, glass lens and metal housing, bolts to the stock location and uses an H3 style bulb for the HID kit.

Headlights come on, low beam, with the remote unlock just like stock. They also work with my Ford autolamps controller. No issues, no flicker and stainless steel enclosed ballasts like oem. Not painted aluminum.

Users who are viewing this thread