Homelink Install

TRBO VNM

Had Alan at Speed of Sound cut out the holes and made the "lens" for the LED to shine through.

28BD7206-3864-4B51-82AB-512DDA56A64B-6973-000003C50C54BAF3_zps91bc9581.jpg

16CA3429-E253-4653-A2E2-DF90CF66478B-6973-000003C525ED70FC_zps46e52588.jpg

TRBO VNM

They don't come with homelink. Just just a little custom addition I wanted and then I don't have to carry two garage door openers either. Saves space in the car and no bulky openers on my visors or leaving imprints on them.

With the ST1 I only had the sync mic up there. So I bought a homelink module off eBay and since SOS has a CNC machine for the gauge pods and switch panels he does, I sent the parts to him and he cut the holes for me and I mounted the module and wired it up.

TRBO VNM

Useless tech? Haven't found that yet.

If every car had exactly what everyone wanted or expected, then there would be a bunch of useless tech and the cost of the vehicle would not be affordable. But hey, we gotta bitch about something.

You should just go buy a dodge caliber srt4 like the other guy.

Last edited:

clbailey

Established Member
Test drove those new, passed that. The ST is going to be a dd for my wife, she's tired of 17 mpg and 33s on my jeep.

And yea useless tech, vehicles don't need to rival my home pc.

NEMES1S

Established Member
Nice little custom touch. Alan does great work. I am trying to come up with more stuff for him to make me.

TRBO VNM

Test drove those new, passed that. The ST is going to be a dd for my wife, she's tired of 17 mpg and 33s on my jeep.

And yea useless tech, vehicles don't need to rival my home pc.

Agree with the wife. Can't imagine 17mpg.

And you might want to upgrade from Windows 3.11. :D

Nice little custom touch. Alan does great work. I am trying to come up with more stuff for him to make me.

Yeah, he is awesome. I know he would do gauge pods, but we do not have a decent place to put any. He doesn't like the idea of messing with the pillar because of the air bags. I would love for someone to make a replacement center pod for our cars so we can put some other gauges in there. I would like to get some 90* sweep speedhut gauges setup there.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Nice work on the home link. And the Focus doesn't have much useless tech if any, I've found the system quite decent, but I haven't played with it that much yet.

TRBO VNM

The only thing I am having an issue with is the sync and it is when talking to people. I hear them fine, but one person said I sound like I have the windows open. I need to check with a couple others, but since it will be in for the TSB tomorrow I will see if they can check for updates. I doubt there are any since I just bought it a couple months ago. I know my wifes edge it sounds perfect. People don't even know they are on speaker

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
The wire for the light up visors and home link is tucked under headliner near the windshield. I saw a thread on focusst.org where they bought and dyed Titanium sun visors and mounted them in the car. I was looking at the auto dimming rear view mirror. with home link.

Those are nice to have, especially with the autodim. You can get them with or without compass and temperature sensors as well. Both probably not needed in the Focus, at least with Sync.

TRBO VNM

There is another guy that did a remote install of the module and added his own buttons. I don't like the buttons he used, but that is a personal preference. I did like the remote module idea though. Would have solved some headaches that Alan had modding my panel.

Users who are viewing this thread