Hood blanket mod,...too easy!!

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I did the mod to my car yesterday and I'm way happy with the results. I still kept the blanket but I trimmed the area around the intake/scoop area. Basically I pulled all the tabs that hold the blanket up against the hood, then used a new, very sharp razor blade and enlarged the small slits Ford had to make them the same size as the plastic openings. Now when you open the hood you can see all the way through the blanket and the scoops on the hood. Oh yea. I also removed the trap doors on the bottom of the scoops. Looks very clean. With the hood closed and looking from the topside, it appears the water will run off between the front of the engine block and the backside of the radiator. Total time was 10 mins. Looks way cool!

Last edited:

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Yep, it's a easy mod. You might want to get some flex-trim to put around the cut edges of your openings. It'll help stop water from going into the cut edge.

2814v

Established Member
Did mine over the weekend, all the boat shops were closed so I could not find any flex-trim. Will pick some up today. I was thinking of leaving the blanket off untill I saw that it was not painted completely under it. I also painted the blanket with heat resistent flat black spray paint.

Users who are viewing this thread