Hood Latch Problems anyone? Updated Head? How to tell?

Sho Off

Member of the 600 Club
Established Member
First off, ever since I got the car, the hood doesn't close nicely at all, you have to literaly slam it down and put pressure around the latch area otherwise it won't close, and since its so cold outside, I dont want to crack it or break it. Anyone else have problems? Took it to Ford they couldn't adjust it anymore they said.

Also checked out my drivers side Head on the 10th anniversary, how do I tell if its the updated version? I heard something about it being blue? I can't see any blue on the head, Is the whole head blue? or just a mark somewhere? Anyone have pictures?

Thanks all!

Juiced-03

Established Member
You may need to adjust the rubber stops in front of the headlights under the hood. They simply screw in or out for adjustment. I drop my hood about a foot from the closed position and it works fine. Sometimes it takes a second try, but no big deal. And the blue stripe is on the top of the driver side head right below the right of the fuel rail. It doesnt make any difference though because even the blue heads tick (some of them).

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yea, I have to drop my hood form 12" to 16" or so to get it to close. Not used to needing that kind of force....and the sucker must weigh 100 lbs to boot!

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
My 98 hood was the same way as the 03, drop from 12-15" high.

If you are real worried, then I have 2 words for you, "Hood Pins".

Sho Off

Member of the 600 Club
Established Member
Thanks everyone, was getting kinda worried about it. Guess I'll just go outside and slam it then :->

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Yeah my hood is the same way. I have to drop it about a foot to close. My Mach 1 was the worlds worst. I just knew I was going to crack it one day because I had to drop it like three feet and even at that it was still a bitch to close.

kencobra

Face Down In Cabo
Established Member
Had mine at the dealer twice for the hood and it still takes a nice drop to close it.

Users who are viewing this thread