Hood pin busted

terminatd

Established Member
I have had trouble closing the hood and noticed the hood pin is broken and sitting crooked. Does anybody know how to remove these things?

Hunter

Crazy Insane SVT Poster!
Established Member
I have to drop my hood from about half-way open to get it to shut. I hate to have to slam it. Anybody else have to do this?

terminatd

Established Member
The yellow safety latch is real loosey goosey. I've read other posts about shaving the rubber side supports, however, they may loosen up over time on their own. It is really scary dropping that hood and hearing that crash--the hood not closing. It looks to me like the safety latch is not positioned properly(in my case).:rollseyes

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> I have to drop my hood from about half-way open to get it to shut.

Our hoods are composite (lighter) and not as heavy as what would normally be steel.

Last edited:

randy

Established Member
don't worry about having to drop the hood. it is done on alot of cars and won't cause any damage....

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Originally posted by terminatd
I have had trouble closing the hood and noticed the hood pin is broken and sitting crooked. Does anybody know how to remove these things?

I'd take it to the dealer (sorry to say) :(

Originally posted by ox03
> I have to drop my hood from about half-way open to get it to shut.

Our hoods are composite (lighter) and not as heavy as what would normally be steel.

I know the composite design was initiated to reduce weight, but these hoods are still pretty darn heavy IMHO :shrug:

terminatd

Established Member
I am taking it in to the dealer for the hood pin. Does everyone have a loose yellow safety latch?--wiggles and sticks to the left.

Users who are viewing this thread