Hooker Headers - Anyone have any info?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Hooker Cobra Headers

Came across this while surfin around this evening. They look pretty bad ass, do they clear the tranny like the other 4.6 ones did? Im guessing they are not CARB legal however..

Are they the same one as for the earlier Cobras? If so, that would not be the ideal case since the '03s have a larger exhaust port on the heads.

Part #6229HKR. "Headers, Black, 1 5/8" Primary, 3" Collector, Pair" According to Summit, but listed as temporarily unavailable.

GP anyone? :D

SVTyballz

Established Member
It has been reported that they are 03 headers, but i have yet to see any confirmation on the fact that they match the new exhaust ports. That's why I didn't go with them.

gary

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Just found this off of Holley's Webpage:

.....1996-2000 MUSTANG
Engine Application(s) Part Number Tube Dia. (in)
4.6L Mustang Cobra 4V 6229HKR 1-5/8

So it looks like its the same part as for use with the 96-01 Cobras as well, hmm.. :bash:

Isnt JBA doing the same thing? I read on their site they listed a "new" application as the 03 Cobra, but it was the same part # as the ones for the 99-01 Cobras. I guess you can only get a port so big on a 1-5/8" primary tube..

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
JBA headers available to ship. Part #1625-7JT. No redesigns pending. The Hookers look good.

Users who are viewing this thread