How About NO Hood Scoops?

Whoa haha that looks horrible. Sorry but for $40,000 I would expect more. Honestly does look like an '05 Mustang V6 with rims.

What's the point of having a sleeper? I mean, I know some people love the whole sleeper idea, but I don't understand why you'd buy a COBRA just to make it look like a V6. So you can beat hondas and toyotas and make them think that they got smoked by a base model Mustang?

Last edited:

drmustang

Banned
The car in the picture above is far to plain Jane. That is not going to be a seller at $40,000. You may as well grab a low mileage used 05 GTO for low 20's and do a Heads/Cam on it.

AbusiveWombat

Established Member
For $40k I expect the car to stand out against the other 160k-300k Mustangs on the road. Even the original concept was too plain for me. I want something that is easily distinguishable from it's lesser siblings. With each passing month the C6 looks more appealing.

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
I thought that they were going to bring out the Shelby car first, and then in a year or two they were going to bring back the "SVT Mustang Cobra". Maybe that is an early version of the SVT car. It would be positioned between the Shelby and the Mustang GT.

just a thought...

Diggy Moe

Established Member
I like it(please don't ban me) except that hood.I believe there will be a different hood,look at Cobras starting in 1996.

EaterofWorlds

Established Member
As I stated in another thread, if the air extractors are non-funticonal (or not there at all, like in this pic), I will not purchase an '07 Shelby GT500. Why? It's not only an aesthetic issue, it's also a SAFETY issue. Let me explain.

I own an '05 Mustang GT. I, like many other '05 Mustang GT owners, have hood shake at over 110 MPH. I was able to alieviate this problem by adjusting the hood bumpers, but I'm still going to install racing quality hood pins. I just don't trust it. Even the '05 in the Grand American Series lost its hood at high speed with 4 racing quality hood pins. They have reconfigured the hood pins position and have had no further issues, but the problem is more than evident: due to the Mustang's new open grill design, there's just too much air pressure building up under the hood with nowhere to go.

The Shelby's grill is even bigger that the '05 GT's. Therefore, there will be even MORE air under the hood of that car with nowhere to go. We'll be seeing Shelby hoods flying off on the highways and drag strips.

No functional air extractors means no Shelby for me. There is no reason I should have to drill holes into a $40,000 sports car to keep its hood stable. I'll stick with my '67 Shelby GT500 and its 427 Tunnelport High-Rise motor.

96SVT_2_NV

Established Member
just imagine the profit for the first company who makes a lightweight, functional hood like that on the concept :pepper:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Heres a thought off the top of my head..
Assuming the car does infact end up comeing with a fake hood outlet..

Why not just take 10 minutes, take the fake platic grill out, and make the vents functional in the grille, cut a hole in the hood from the inside, and then reinsert the plastic piece.

Wala, functional scoop.

The SRT4 has a functional hood scoop when it was in testing.. But the scoop did not pass the water leakdown tests.. so they scrapped it..
Eventhough the scoop remains, they closed off the inside of the passage into the engine bay..
Now everyone just cuts the whole where the facotory was going to do it..

Its very easy, and Im sure doing the Shelby would be just as easy..

Now before all of you wine and complain and say, I should not have to do that to a 40,000 car... Get a grip.. You always have the option of doing this, if you think its that important..

Just give me my 5.4 with Forged internals, solid 31pline rear, and a decent roots blower, and Im happy. You guys cry about every little thing!

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
On the other hand... if Ford puts everything that you want on this car from the factory, what will you guys do with all the free time and money you were going to use to mod them in the first place??

let them finalize their plans, and build the d@mn thing before you rip on it!

crazyhorse06

Established Member
I have the press kit from the NY show. It has videos of Shelby visiting SVT. He is reviewing the concept. In one shot it shows him running his hand over a hood attached to a clay model. the vents protrude rather than sit flush or down in the hood. What you can see of it looks pretty good. I don't know how to capture the pic or video or even post it if I did. Sorry. Maybe someone who has it does.

TRXboy

Established Member
you guys are acting like there was such a hude diff. from the cobra and a GT, or even, dare i say it, V6. The diff. was bumpers, some badging, hood, wheels, and ride hight, and i would consider them subtle, tastful, but not screaming, there is no differnce from the GT500 and the 05 GT in terms on how much differnce there is in comparison to the 04's.

Users who are viewing this thread