How hard to swap out a inline6 for a Ford 400 in a '94F150

Gooberlog

12second '06 R1 Hauler
Established Member
My buddies dad has a 1994 F-150XL base model with a inline 6cyl, 2WD, short bed, regular cab, automatic "which he was told the trans came out of a F-250".
The truck has been sitting in his back yard since the engine took a dump w/ a horrendously loud "rod knock" kind of sound. The truck is otherwise in good shape other than the brake calipers but thats pocket change. He has a friend that will give him a Ford 400 Small block, "out of a '90's Ford Heavy Duty Pick-up?" and he wants to know what would be involved in swaping it out. Since the truck is just wasting away and he has nice V8 for free, he would like to see the truck burn some rubber. He basically would like to take his tired blown up ford and make it a poor mans street rod. The rest of the truck has over 150k but is in pretty good shape. We both have alot of time for it, and i'm a Toyota mechanic, but no nothing about Ford motorswaps or anything outside of the Lightning realm at all for that matter. Any info on what it would take to mold this truck into a old F series sleeper would be appriciated. Thanks, if its going to take thousands and thousands of dollars to make the smalllbock V8 run in this 1g Lightning look alike, just let me know, THANKS AGAIN!

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
SID297 said:
The 400 sucks, I'd rather have the 300I-6.

My Dad's sliding one into his '66 Mustang coupe right now. Not a common swap, but makes for a heckuva ride.

Users who are viewing this thread