How hot do our coil covers get???

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I am thinking about doing a little painting. Just bored and have some sonic blue paint and clearcoat left over from painting my interior pieces. Thought I might mask off the center sections and paint the surrounding area sonic blue w/ a nice clear coat. Am I wasting my time? I don't know how hot they get and would really rather not do it if it is just going to burn/flake off and make a mess.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
On average they get to 180-190. With that being said, if you are going to paint them, use HIGH Temp paint.....or powder coat..

rick

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
There are people that have used regular paint + clear on their valve covers with no problems. Those get alot hotter than the coild covers, if it were me, I wouldn't worry about the heat too much.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
The coil covers you wont have to worry about, its the Valve covers that absorb alot of the heat....

rick

LCCOBRA

Established Member
RickSvt said:
The coil covers you wont have to worry about, its the Valve covers that absorb alot of the heat....

rick

:thumbsup: Looking to have my valve covers powder coated. mattz03svt those coil covers look great!

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Hey Matt, those coil covers are exactly what I want to do only in sonic blue for obvious reasons. For now, I was just going to spray the stock coil covers to see how it worked.
Rick, I bet your valve covers look awesome in person. Pictures don't do stuff like that justice.....it's like trying to show the mystichrome in a picture.

Last edited:

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Yeah, I am going to take them off and redo them though........the clear didnt set well, so I think that I will powder coat instead

rick

Users who are viewing this thread